advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OmniPod New Feature Survey - from a user's perspective

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by aml, Sep 20, 2010.

1. aml

aml Approved members

As a father of a 13 year old daughter who is an OmniPod user I know that users in this group have tremendous insight into life with the Pod. I also know that our feedback can help Insulet make decisions about new product features.

I have created an online survey about potential new features for the OmniPod.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7WNY2L2

My plan is to forward the info to Insulet in hopes our voice will be heard. I am not affiliated in any way with the company and they have not approved/disapproved of this effort. I am simply a father who wants to make his daughter's life more comfortable.

A previous brainstorming discussion provided a list of features to consider. A smaller pod and integration with CGM are not included as Insulet is already working hard on these. The next step is to add ranking to the list in order to indentify how important each features is.

Follow the link (I am using SurveyMonkey) and provide your feedback. The survey is anonymous and results will be forwarded to Insulet. There are nine questions and the survey takes less than ten minutes to complete. The survey will end with a SurveyMonkey ad page--just ignore and close.

Please forward this link to as many people as you can.

2. Haley's Dad

Haley's Dad Approved members

I want to do the survey but can't. Once you click "7" for example that is the only time you can click it. I twon't let you anwser two questions with e sam enumber. Work the survey format and do it again. Thanks

3. swellman

swellman Approved members

It worked perfectly - you're not supposed to rank any two the same.

4. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I don't use an Omnipod, so I didn't take your survery, but I will say that I wish the pods were smaller and there was an "easy bolus" button on the pod, so that you could at least bolus in whole units or half units or whatever from the pod in a pinch. I also wish you could always view the amount left in the pod, instead of just >50 units or <50 units.

5. Mom2Kathy

Mom2Kathy Approved members

I completed it no problem - great survey!

6. chbarnes

chbarnes Approved members

I completed the survey, then realized that smartphone integration with a software upgrade would address most of my concerns. It could also facilitate remote monitoring with the Dexcom. That would be worth everything else.

Chuck

7. taximom

taximom Approved members

Did the survey with no problem.

Great idea! Thanks for doing this!

8. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

If that is the case, why are you collecting personal information on the survey? (Questions 6, 7 and 8)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  9. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

I completed it. Interesting questions.

And I see no problem collecting general demographic info, like sex and age. I don't think I've ever taken a survey that didn't ask for that. I think they were all pertinent.

10. Christopher

Yes, usually when a COMPANY does a survey they ask those type of questions. I was just wondering why an individual person would need to know that information.

11. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Answer to your question highlighted in RED.

12. Christopher

That doesnt answer my question. The OP made it seem that he was just collecting suggestions from parents on how to improve the Omnipod, and was going to forward those suggestions to the company. I was simply wondering why he was asking the personal information, if this is just a survey that he created.

13. emilyblake

emilyblake Approved members

I took the survey - how thorough!

Thank you so much for taking the time and please do let us know what kind of response you get.

Emily

14. Christopher

Just thought I would check and see if there was a response to my question........nope.....

15. courtneysmom

courtneysmom Approved members

Thank you for taking the time. I am hoping that insulet takes the answers in to consideration when updating the pod.

16. aml

aml Approved members

Chris,
    Sorry it has taken so long to respond. I just saw your comments. I appreciate your concerns. Like you, I am the father of a young child with T1. As I have noted, my only motivation is to make her life more comfortable. I am a marketing director for a software company (not in the medical industry and nothing to do with Insulet) and have managed research projects like this as part of my job. In this case I am simply trying to use whatever skills I have to make some kind of contribution.

The reason I ask about gender, age, years with diabetes, years with pump, and role is so that the data can be segmented. That provides more insight into results. For example, I am assuming that it would be helpful to know if women have a different set of priorities than men. Or that people who are younger care about different things than older people. This kind of info would help the marketing group at Insulet if we can get their attention.

The survey does not collect any contact information or personal info that can be traced back to an individual. And my plan is to only send aggregated data to the Insulet product manager. I hope this answers your question.

17. payam7777777

payam7777777 Approved members

provided you do a good cross-reference of the 1st and 2nd part of the survey, it's a very well designed survey, logically speaking and pod-wise also.