- advertisement -

Omnipod and Freestyle test strips

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lil'Man'sMom, Nov 15, 2011.

1. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

We are having an issue with the blood not being "wicked up". It takes an unusually long time, sometimes it doesn't wick it and we get the error3.

Anyone experience this before? I took out a new bottle of strip this morning, will have to wait and see how it goes after school.

I am hesitant to call Insulet due to the "not yet approved" status of the zipwick strips.

2. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

I have that problem, but usually only on 1 side of the strip, so it must be me. :eek: I still don't like these new strips.

3. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

For us it seems to happen on the right-hand side. Then I will try the left and we get error3.

Mann is getting frustrated. I am not happy with all the wasted strips being that they are not our insurance preferred strips.

4. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

Dani gets frustrated and tosses strips sometimes, too. For us, the problem is on the left. Weird....