- advertisement -

Omni-pod trial

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Jordyn, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Jordyn

Jordyn Approved members

so i got my omnipod trial yesterday. I put it on today, and so far so good. i had homecoming last night, and i wanted to put it on then but my mother did not approve of that idea. She thouht it would mess up pictures, and if i didnt like it then it would ruin my night..

So im sorta busy, but ill give more details later.

2. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Have you tried a pump with tubing? If so, which do you like better

3. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

Lol I put my free demo pod on last thursday morning... and I'm not taking it off until it falls off! it just sticks to me, nothing pokes or goes in me, so no risk of infection :) I like it a little better than my animas pump, but I can't get the omnipod for more than 3 years (just started pumping in may).

4. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Hope you enjoy the Demo. Be ready for local reps to start calling any day now:p;) .

I didn't like the omnipod in the beginning, but my parents really wanted me to give it a 'good try' though. So I wore the pod for the three days it recommends, and ended up really loving it. I had no issues with it wanting to fall off, and while...yes, you can see it if you look under clothing, it is not that obvious. I asked a few friends if they could 'spot the omnipod'...they didn't even realize I had it on until I told them to find it.

Did you try the CD the demo comes with? I realized it was a CD the other day, and put it in(it is shaped like the PDA). Gives you an idea on how the PDA works the system, and you can give 'boluses' and set different basal rates as practise. I really liked how the PDA works.

5. dancing-chick

dancing-chick Approved members

uh????

Whats a onimpod ? i dont think we have them here in the uk how doesa that help your diabetes ?? x:confused:

6. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

So how is it going? Do you still like it?

Just got a phone call from my Endo center today...they are putting in the order for the Omnipod, and hope to have it ready for my November 5th visit with my Endo...Can't wait!

http://www.myomnipod.com/

This is their website. It is a tubeless/wireless insulin pump. You just change out the pods every 3 days, and it comes with a wireless PDA.

7. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

Have fun! I hope you are enjoying it!

8. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

Omni pod isn't out in canada which sucks but I hope yours works out for ya!

9. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Jess, have you ever thought about just moving to the US?:D:p