- advertisement -

OMG, product/gift of the year IMHO!!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by goochgirl, Dec 25, 2009.

1. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

Every time I made pancakes, I wished I had one of those dispensers that would limit "drips" from the spout of the mixing bowl I made the bater in. (did that make sence?) Well, yesterday, DH and I were just walking the mall for fun, and I wanted to look in William-Sonoma; my favorite store I never shop in because its way too expensive for what it is. Well, they had the little batter dispensers. I grabbed one and got in line (long long line) I'll admit, its the most rediculous way to spend $10 on, what should be a $3 Rubbermaid product. But it's awesome!! Not a drop on the counter, and I was able to make perfect 4" pancakes to count carbs for Yossi, hearts, mickey mouse, and barbies. And it cleans easily. So, if its your birthday, and I'm invited to your party... guess what you're getting??? Its also great to put in our "welcome to the world of D baskets".

2. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

I have always wanted one. I always spill on the counter. I have never seen one in the stores.

3. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I've never seen one either. They come out with all these handy gadgets after all my kids are grown

4. goochgirl

5. mapoe4

mapoe4 Approved members

6. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

Me too. I got a salad shooter (to replace the one that just died) and a sandwich press for Christmas. yay!

7. shekov

shekov Approved members

Do you fill it with a funnel?
    This would be perfect for my 11 yr old dd. She loves to make pancakes but there is so much batter dried onto the counter when she finishs I have to scrape it off with my big spatula.:eek:

8. kyleesmom

kyleesmom Approved members

Ive thought about getting one of those too. Ive only bought one thing from that store before, a set of silicon measuring cups that smashes totally flat and you can push inside out to empty, which I totally love. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku9494030/?pkey=x|4|1||4|measuring cup||0&cm_src=SCH

See the little red thingy that keeps the cups together? I promise you, if you buy these cups that thingy will quickly find a new home. Mine is blue and is stuffed on top of a shelf where nobody can see it. It looks very much like something an "adult" store would sell. Its pretty unmistakeable when you see it, and really pretty funny. Or maybe my family is just a little twisted.

9. candeen

candeen New Member

That sounds really cool. My son was diagnosed 3 weeks ago and is going through the grieving period. I'm a nervous wreck and need lots of questions answered. I'm not good with the computer. Can some tell me how to post a question rather than reply to one. Thanks.

Candeen

10. Denise

Denise Approved members

go to where the forum lists all the topics, and on the left side near the top you'll see "new thread". Click on that. Then fill in the titles accordingly and then post what you want in the big white area box..then click on "submit new thread' and viola! :cool:

11. momma_fish2007

momma_fish2007 Approved members

Never seen that but the day after Christmas we were at OUR mall (the one we own hehe...just kidding) and saw a huge sale at the bookstore there. I LOVE it because they always have awesome clearance and it's wonderful for Christmas shopping. Well the bad news is they're going out of business but the good news is I got a new knitting pattern book :) I'm sooo old before my time

12. goochgirl

No, knitting is the new "it" trend. Shekov, no, you just pour in the batter. Its about 3 inches wide and the entire bottom and top open up. So, you can refill while using it.