advertisement

OMG!! I am going on a non-D trip!!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Mom2Deacon, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Mom2Deacon

Mom2Deacon Approved members

In February the business club is going to the Chicago Trade Building. I am going without any of the kids. I haven't been to Chicago since 1995. I am so excited. I am slightly nervous about leaving Deacon several hours away for an entire day, but I think that for this experience it will be something that I need to accept. I know he will be in good hands while I am away.

OMG!! I get to go to Chicago!!

--Sara

2. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Sara...I was in Chicago for the first time ever this past May 08...what a great city!! Loved it! I stayed at the Palmer House Hilton..
    Have fun Sara...you deserve it :) EAT PIZZA!!!! It is nothing like I ever experienced here on the east coast..its so good!!!

3. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

Hope you have a terrific time!!

4. Mom2Deacon

Mom2Deacon Approved members

I plan to have a blast there. I am so excited. I want to be able to shop a little and yes, definitely eat actual Chicago pizza. There has to be something good near the Chicago Board of Trade Building. My father, who lived in Chicago during his teen years, has been to the trade floor before and he said it is very interesting. My mother was taken to the trading floor at Wall Street when she was a teen too. My grandfather was an investor. I cannot wait to experience it.

--Sara

5. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

You deserve it Sara!