- advertisement -

OF: How much are you paying for a gallon of gas?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by madde, May 2, 2008.

1. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

opps thats 3.62:eek:..dont I wish it was 2.62

2. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

I am filling up today for $3.44

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

I paid 3.47 at BJs last week. I'm glad I drive a Prius!:p I average 50mpg!:D

Kirsten

4. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Funny you should ask...I was looking for gas lst night. I saw several signs for $4.05. Then, I drove to the station where it's usually cheaper. It was $3.83. That's for the lowest grade:eek:

5. AmyMcCracken

AmyMcCracken Approved members

It's $4.09 for the cheapest grade in Eureka, CA. :eek:

6. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Approved members

My fav station only sells regular now, and its $3.55 today, but it is full service and the guy is cute and cleans the windows ;):D

Rural New Hampshire! (not that there's really any "urban" NH :rolleyes:)

I have a SUV, too, and its killing me!

7. Tripletmommy

Tripletmommy Approved members

I wanna know where this station is! hahaha....

The cheapest I found yesterday here was $3.45, and that was pump yourself.... :rolleyes:

8. Charmed7

Charmed7 Approved members

3.69-3.80 here. But I only have to fill my tank once a month b/c I commute on the bus. :D

Try Gasbuddy.com to find the cheapest in your area

Charmed

9. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

here its anywhere from $3.49 to $3.74.. with gas costing this much, and every company upping their prices.. the consumer is screwed, because we all know, we aren't getting raises..

I got an email a while ago that gave the list of the companies that DON'T use oil for saudi Arabia.. not sure if its true or not.. but they said that would be easier to do, buy gas from American companies, than everyone not buying overseas..

10. sneetch

sneetch Approved members

I filled up today and paid $3.89 a gallon (87 octane). Since i used my credit card the pump stopped at $100.00 and my gas gauge was still under full. If I pumped again it would have been 10 more dollars easily. The sad thing is I do alot of driving as part of my job and usually fill up every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. But I need this type of vehicle (SUV) because it has alot of seats and is strong enough to pull our trailer.

11. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

I don't know how to translate from liters. I think it went up to 1.29 a liter yesterday morning. When it was 1.18 a couple weeks ago, the day before I predicted it would go up, I still had almost 3/4 of a tank, but decided to "Top Up". The top up cost me 30 bucks!! Gees, 10 years ago, 30 bucks was enough to fill my car up twice and now 30 bucks is considered a freaking top up!!! I wish my salary would grow exponentially like it does with gas. I think between the job losses and moves, I'm still making the same salary as I was 10 years ago... maybe less! Now they're saying that food is about to make a huge jump too. At what point do we all declare bankrupt at the same time?

12. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Oh I agree the cost is crazy. Cost of inflation and none of us are getting great raises..lol. It cost me $80.00 to fill up my Tahoe and that lasts about a little over a week with all the driving I do..

13. mlbg10158

mlbg10158 Approved members

The cost of gas is crazy. We decided it was time to scale back and trade in the conversion van for something a little more friendly to the piggy bank.

We are really pleased with the car we got - 21-28mpg, seats 6-7 seven, really perfect for our family. The only long trip we will be taking this summer will be down to Florida for the CWD Conference. I guess we'll get used to it. We've had to get used to alot of things this year!

But this is the best part. What kind of car?? A Ford FREESTYLE! :rolleyes: All the choices out there and that's what we picked out!

14. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I want a ford freestyle so bad.. they are suppose to be really good.. I have a freeSTAR, the van.. but so want a freestyle! My van is only a little over a year old.. so I guess I have to wait a while LOL:rolleyes:

15. Caynuns mom

Caynuns mom Approved members

Here in Florida we were $3.63 per Gallon last week but have gone down to $3.55 at my local gas station. Theres plenty of fuel right here in the good 'ol USA but we arnt drilling for it ...WHY? Well on the news a couple weeks back I heard something about saudi oil is running low and they are reserving alot of it hence the increase. I guess the US is waiting (at our expense) for them to run dry then we will drill here and be the oil provider to the world. Who knows I just know it costs me about $43.00 to fill up my 4cylinder Jeep Wrangler and its a 12 gallon tank.

16. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

$3.56 here is the average.

Here's a good website:

http://www.gasbuddy.com/

It gives you prices at stations in areas surrounding you. Kind of handy if you are out running errands and you know you'll need a fill up.

17. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

I read somewhere in the news that Bush won't allow the drilling here in the US because he thinks that Gas is going to run out in other places, then we would be with out.. But I'm thinking that Bush holds so much STOCK in the oil industry he thinks he won't make anymore money..

18. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

We just paid $3.65 a gallon in Kalamazoo, MI. That was lower than some other stations I have been seeing in the area.

19. mikesmom58

mikesmom58 Approved members

I paid 3.43 today, I live in Northern NJ. I'm glad I don't live in Calif,:eek:

20. Kiresten'sMom

Kiresten'sMom Approved members

All of you probably want like this put we filled up yesterday for $3.38 in upstate South carolina.:D:( the most it has cost so far to fill up our minivan is $56