- advertisement -

O/T teacher gift ideas

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Flutterby, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

my older daughter is in kindergarten.. I love her teacher, she's learned so much this year.. I'd like to get her something nice.. I was going to get her a gift certificate to a teachers store, but she's retiring in June.. so what now?

2. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

A GC to her favorite restuarant? or local clothing store? My son's K teacher loves Old Navy. I got her a gift card to go shopping! Now what girl wouldn't LOVE that? ;)

3. caspi

caspi Approved members

I do Amex gift cards. This way they can get whatever they want, wherever they want.

I used to be a preschool teacher and as wonderful and kind as the parents were for giving me mugs and candles and the like, it got old!:eek: :rolleyes:

4. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

I like giving a gift card along with a small homemade gift. Last year, I made brownies. This year, the girls and I made "flower pens", and we used a white and gold pointsettia as the flower of the season. They are very easy (and cheap) to make, cute to look at, and they are actually useful. It just so happened that the Papermate pens from Publix are the PERFECT size for the flower insert- we didnt even have to glue anything!! We also painted the pottery and added a gold-embossed trim.

You can find instructions at:

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/lf_artificial/article/0,2041,DIY_14031_2274122,00.html

Have fun ;). Ours turned out great and everyone LOVED them :)

5. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

We have a Pensey's (sp?) spice store locally, I buy fancy vanilla and cinnamon, and good coco powder and put it in a pretty package - assuming I know the teacher/nurse is a baker. It's always a hit.

6. vallecito93

vallecito93 Approved members

HI, here is another idea for you. We do GC to the local pedicure/manicure shop. This way they have to take time for themselves.:)

7. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

This works better if the teacher is a woman...But, I go to Costco and buy the 3 pack of REALLY soft squishy socks. They love them. At the end of the year I buy a really nice wooden wind chime, I have the boys use a permenent marker to sign and date the top where you can't see it when it's hanging up:D

8. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

We make carmels for the teachers/neighbors and put them in fun, festive tins. Then for the teachers, we usually get GC for either Target (who can't use this:D) or Barnes & Noble. The teachers really appreciate it.

9. georgia

georgia Approved members

ahhh geez, I guess I went the boring route, but they must forgive these are my kids first teachers (they are in preK)!
    I got them a yankee candle and a few clementines!
    ugh, next year I'll be more creative, heck I was happy I remembered to get them anything at all, this year I forgot the ballet teacher (had to drop off a gift after the last class before christmas)! I can't keep it all straight, the number of people to buy for just increases each year!