- advertisement -

NYC visit

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by LJM, Feb 8, 2014.

1. LJM

LJM Approved members

Anyone ideas for keeping 2 teens (13 and 16) busy in Midtown West? We are staying in friend's apartment near Bryant Park. We have tix for ground zero but have not done much else. Coming this week for President's Day long weekend. My suburban Cali kids are going to be amazed....

Only things we seem to agree on: Empire State Building; Natural History Museum; Central Park; Ice Skating and maybe a carriage ride?

Anyone have a must do?

thanks

2. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I really like the Tenement Museum and Museum of Modern Art (free if under 16). Byrant park ice skating is free (but pricy if you need to rent skates) but I think Wollman Rink in central park is more magical especially if you can go at night. You can often get cheap last minute tickets for broadway shows and that is always a great experience. Going to brunch and people watching is always fun.

But really I think it is great to just take the subway to a random neighborhood, explore, shop, and grab lunch.

3. susanlindstrom16

susanlindstrom16 Approved members

check out mommy poppins, there's a lot of ideas on there. My kids are young but I think there is a section for older kids.

http://mommypoppins.com/

4. LJM

LJM Approved members

Thanks! We are so excited. It has been thirty years since I have been to NYC. Rest of the family has never been. Ice Skating at night in Central Park sounds wonderful....