- advertisement -

Nutrition Scale on Sale 1 day 03-16-11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charmed7, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Charmed7

Charmed7 Approved members

This is a one day sale but was thinking of my fellow carb counters. Not sure how this measures up to our trust salter scale, but I think we're gonna grab one. (If you go to this link after today it will be a new item on sale)

http://www.woot.com/

2. wildemoose

wildemoose Approved members

Thanks for the link! I just bought one in green to match my KitchenAid. :)

3. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Oh thanks! I just got a red one! We've just got a food scale from Target that doesn't do any of that fancy stuff. I'm excited to try this one!:D

4. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

Have you bought stuff from this site before? I'm always a bit leary about buying stuff online from new sites.

5. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

they take awhile to ship so if you are buying something in mind for a gift it's not a good idea-but it gets to your house eventually lol. I love kids woot, I stock up on future bdays and Christmas' from that site.

6. tom_ethansdad

tom_ethansdad Approved members

I have bought several things from them (they have a series of sites including wine.woot, kids.woot, sellout.woot). Sometimes good deals, sometimes just OK deals, sometimes junk. I have never had problems with purchases. Shipping can sometimes be a little slow, so don't buy if you're in a hurry to get something. They were bought out by Amazon last year, if that's a more familiar name to you. Seems like a good deal on this scale, I picked one up.

7. tom_ethansdad

tom_ethansdad Approved members

Just wanted to follow-up as the scale arrived late last week. We did not previously have a nutrition scale so have nothing to compare this too, but we love it. It's accurate, the included food database makes figuring carbs out much easier than measuring. The one thing I'll knock it on is how the guidebook that lists the codes for all the foods in the database is set up. Things are listed by category and then alphabetically within the category. So if I want to find the code for bananas, I have to find the section on fruits and vegetables and then find bananas within that. No complete alphabetical listing of all foods in there. For the most part it isn't too cumbersome, but I couldn't find any category that automatically fit for peanut butter, and had to look a bit before I found it at the end of the nuts section. What we'll probably do is make our own shorter list of the foods we weigh most often for quick reference.

On the plus side, the guide book does seem to have some sort of laminate on it, making it easy to wipe clean if food spills on it.

Now instead of serving up E's food a cup at a time, we can just give him however much he wants, weigh it, and bolus accordingly.

8. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Ours arrived Saturday morning. We love it too. :)

9. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

I got mine today.. Its so high tech copmpared to my old one... and with Jesse away at college ... I don't even know why I bought it.... but it was such a good price.:D