- advertisement -

Numby Stuff

Discussion in 'Other Diabetes Products' started by Ellen, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

2. AmberO

AmberO Approved members

I would like to see them post data on childrens responses to it. Because honestly I think my daughter would maybe slightly panic (re-freak) over a device looking like that and how it describes.

3. Red (aus)

Red (aus) Approved members

Hmm it does look a little sinister doesn't it? Taylor isn't pumping yet, but we have practiced inserting different sets and having her wear them around for various periods of time to get a feel for them. So far she has been happy to have them inserted without any numbing assistance, but who knows if this will change when it's a regular thing instead of just intermittent practice.

What are the actual advantages of using a product such as this over the usual topical cream?
    Two come to mind. 1 that the electrode is possibly quicker to get to the numbed state and 2. that the electrode is less messy.

4. punkinhead06

punkinhead06 Approved members

I've been pumping for almost 2 years and I've never used any numby stuff and I've done perfectly fine just inserting it normally.

5. MLH

MLH Approved members

numbing cream

We don't use any, never have. I am wondering if we will need it for the minilink? Any ideas?

6. momofsingingdiabetic

momofsingingdiabetic Approved members

Danielle just uses a numbing spray that we get at the beauty supply store. Works awesome for her.

7. thedad

thedad Approved members

We have used Emla cream for Nick's sites, both the pump and the cgm.Not sure what will happen when this kid feels real pain ( ha ha) We cover it with a Tegaderm patch for an hour or so before inserting either device.

8. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I sent off an email to try this product.

9. jendean

jendean Approved members

Lanae, you can have my emla cream, I never use it. That is providing that I can find it.

I think the problem with Emla cream that we ran into is this.
    You put it on, and then have to wait... during the wait, the kid, (mine, anyway) anticipates, and tries to distract himself, but when site time come... is totally worked up, and the site change is ten times harder.

But that is us... If I could find a way to put the emla on without him knowing, I would.