- advertisement -

Now, my youngest has D :(

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MySweethearts, Jun 13, 2011.

1. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

Thank you all !!!! Your support means the world to me. He is doing good, it breaks my heart though when I check his blood and he tells me he isn't sick anymore. Also, he just cries when I give him his shots, and tell me he hates it. :(

2. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

I'm so sorry, Carmen. ((HUGS)) to you and Ethan.

3. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

I am so sorry Carmen :(
    Hugs to you and Ethan and the rest of your family who are dealing with this :(

4. acjsmom

acjsmom Approved members

I am sorry, but so glad that you caught it early.

5. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

I'm very sorry to hear this.:(

6. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

Joining in the group hug and I'm sorry to hear about your little one!

7. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

I'm so sorry. Your older son must be quaking in his boots. The second dx, from what I understand, can really hit a family hard. Like now it wasn't just a fluke and everybody starts to look like a time bomb waiting to go off. And if your oldest manages to make it out of childhood without D, the others may resent the "lucky" one. Gosh, it's all so hard. It sounds so much harder than the first in so many ways. So much to think about. All you can really do is handle it all matter of factly--then cry into your pillow. :( I am so so so sorry you are dealing with this. So unfair! I get so mad eveytime I hear about another dx. :mad: Best of luck with your little guy and your whole family.

8. Lizzie's Mom

Lizzie's Mom Approved members

Ugh. I'm so sorry. Good catch, though, mom. You rock.

Just a thought - We have seven children and I've often thought, after we got settled in with the pump, that I could not imagine doing MDI with more than one child. Pumping may simplify life if your insurance will cover . . . just a thought to tuck in your hat for after you've adjusted to everything.

((Hugs))

9. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I am so sorry to hear this Carmen:(

10. L101418

L101418 Approved members

I'm so, so sorry. Makes me choke up.
    My daughters customize (bling out) their meter covers (well one used colored duct tape--very high class). And pumping comes with super powers. DaughterP and I were checking blood sugar in the kitchen and daughterR yelled from the other room "You're using my meter!!". We looked at each other, "Oh, she's right. How did she...?". The meter beamed the BG to the synched pump and it vibrated. I'm not sure why I shared that extra stuff. I guess I don't know what to say - my heart is just sad but everything is good with my girls and hopefully your kiddos too and life goes on...with a bigger purse.

11. andeefig

andeefig Approved members

I'm so sorry to hear of another diagnosis for your family.

12. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

It's funny that we can laugh and cry in the same breath. :) Awesome story, b/c even though it feels like the end of the world, life really does go on and things still make you laugh, even D things. I like this story--so cute.

I know it just takes a while to get there, esp. after another dx. :(

13. momof2here

momof2here Approved members

so sorry :(

I am so sorry to hear about this, it is so hard to deal with the 'idea' of having more than one diagnosis and I know that once you move on to truly dealing with it, that will be much easier for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

14. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

I'm so sorry also. :( Wishing you the best with the transition of what is so difficult. :cwds::cwds:

15. minniem

minniem Approved members

I just wanted to say I'm so sorry! ((((hugs))))

16. annaluvspink

annaluvspink Approved members

I'm so sorry. I know how defeating this must feel. Give yourself time to mourn and cry....then carry on, one step at a time. Please know you are in all of our thoughts and prayers.

17. Mom2fourgrtkids

Mom2fourgrtkids Approved members

I am so sorry to hear this. My Grandson was diagnosed with type 1 when right before he was 2. We watched our daughter and son in-law go through the process of becoming parents of a child with type 1 and all the phases that go along with that process; scared, mad, pity (why?) We felt so bad for our grandson and our daughter, but they jumped right in and taught us all how to cope with it, and move forward. We could not believe it when 3 years later our son Joey was 8, my daughter tested him, and his number was 442. In addition to being upset, we couldn't believe it could happen twice in our family. Although I don't have 2 children with type 1, I do have a 10 yr old son, and 5 yr old grandson with it. We spend a lot of time together, because it's so nice when you can be with someone that understands. I hope that you have someone that understands what you are going through, and is there for you. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  18. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

You guys are so awesome...thank you so much. It tears me up every time I read the replies....it feels so nice to have this place where people understand. I love the comment of the bigger purse...lol That is so true.

19. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

I haven't commented simply because the idea and the support from this community overwhelm me. Selfish of me.

I'm so sorry, I can't imagine the pain of going through it again, I'm sure the outside world will just think you already know what to do, but we know how heart wrenching, how overwhelming, how sad you must be.

Stay strong.