- advertisement -

Now, my youngest has D :(

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MySweethearts, Jun 13, 2011.

1. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

Well, my youngest was dx'd today with type 1. I cannot believe it at all, I think my shock is now wearing off and the sadness is now coming in. Of course as parents of a child with D, we know the signs. My youngest (Ethan) started to eat less and drink more. I just wanted to think it was him just being a 4 year old and would rather play than eat. But this past weekend, it was a flashing red light that something was wrong. He pee'd in his pants twice and when I tried to get him to eat his favorite food, he didn't want to. :( I checked him when we got home from our trip. He was 468, that was 2 hours after dinner. I checked him an hour later...435. I called the hospital and the on call dr. called me right back. I told him what was happening and he said to bring him in right away. I checked his blood sugar...really hoping that it was wrong before...but he was at 398. We got to the hospital at 1 am, and he was admitted at 4 am. He never ran ketones and his A1c was at 7.9. So they did say we caught it early and they were glad we called them. I really hate that I was right, hate it. We only stayed untill 2:30 today because we did know what to do and he ate most of his lunch. I do have to say it was a better experience than the first time, because I am better prepared, but still so upset. But, I am so grateful that the dr. did listen to my concerns and they were really great with Ethan.

2. caspi

caspi Approved members

I am so, so sorry! :( ((HUGS))

3. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Very sorry to hear about your second dx. How very unfair.:(

4. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

I am so sorry :(

5. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Carmen - I'm so sorry. We're here for you.

6. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

so sorry! :(

7. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

(((((LOTS OF HUGS))))) I'm so sorry.:(

8. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Carmen, I am so very, very sorry to hear this. :( Please take care of yourself.

9. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Hugs, I am so sorry.

10. Pauji5

Pauji5 Approved members

I am so sorry to hear that. It doesn't make it any easier, already having one child with D....but it makes dealing with it a little bit easier that the first time around, because at least you have much more knowledge about diabetes.

There are quite a few that have 2 kids with d, so know that you're not alone... Take care.

11. MamaTuTu

MamaTuTu Approved members

Im so sorry to read this... My thoughts are with you and your family. Stay strong! ((()))

12. nyholli

nyholli Approved members

I'm so sorry. You are obviously a wonderful Mom and were able to see the train approaching, and you saved him from getting really ill prior to a dx. If you're here talking, then it is a sure sign "you CAN do this" and you will guide your little guy through. {{Hug****** There are not many words that would make me feel much better if I were standing in your shoes, but I want you to feel blessed that you were experienced to see it coming before it "got bad." Hang in there!

13. cockatiel

cockatiel Approved members

I am so very sorry.

Be strong. It's hard.

14. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Oh shoot... crying with you...

15. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending lots of positive, supportive thoughts your way.

16. emm142

emm142 Approved members

So sorry, Carmen. ):

17. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Im so sorry Carmen :(

18. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

(((HUGS))), I'm sorry.

19. selketine

selketine Approved members

I'm sorry to hear that your youngest was just diagnosed. Kudos to you for catching it early and to the doctors for listening to you.

20. Lynnieg123

Lynnieg123 Approved members

That really sucks.

That is all I can think of to say. We are all here for you and great job catching it early.