- advertisement -

Novo Nordisk Savings Card FYI

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Brensdad, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

Just a heads-up. Novo Nordisk has an Instant Savings Card that reportedly will reduce your cost on Levemir, Novolog, FlexPens, etc. to $25 per prescription.

BUT

You have to have primary insurance coverage first, which it does not say anywhere in the terms and conditions. It was very disappointing to think I would pay $25 for a box of pens and end up paying $213 instead. So it's a good deal if you have prescription coverage, but if you don't, just be warned it's not the great deal that it seems.

2. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Thanks. It will be interesting to see how they treat express scripts members.

3. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Do you have a link for this? I googled and the one I found expired in 2012. Thanks

4. MyBoys'Mom

MyBoys'Mom Approved members

I also found out that their discounted copy (which they told me was $30) was per month so, for a 3-month mail order supply with OptumRX I would still pay $90. My regular copay is $125.

Humalog, however, is now tier 1 and the 3-mo supply copay is $25. Guess what we switched to...

5. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

Ask your endo or PCP for one. The reps have been dropping off a lot of the cards recently. It does say it only applies to those with commercial coverage, and can't be used with medicare or medicaid.

As far as Express Scripts, we 're being told that this new list of what they will not cover doesn't apply to all plans, particularly in the Northeast (we hear it won't apply to the folks with Anthem and Express Scripts) I'm hoping it's not just a rumor, but we'll see when I refill test strips in January....

6. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Oh that's interesting. We have Anthem BCBS of Ohio and Express Scripts. Have not received a letter or any communication and online is says we can set up auto refill for January 5th shipping. That would not be cool if we set up auto refill and got charged the full $900 it would cost. Just going to wait and see. Humalog isn't the end of the world. Just don't like only having 1 option.

7. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

This link was sent to me by a friend. I haven't tried it yet.
    http://www.cornerstones4care.com/savings/default.aspx?src=000731117

These are the terms:
    Novo Nordisk Instant Savings Card

When you use this card, you are certifying that you understand the program rules, regulations, and terms and conditions. You are not eligible if prescriptions are paid by any state or other federally funded programs, including, but not limited to Medicare or Medicaid, Medigap, VA, DOD, or TRICARE, or where prohibited by law; and you will otherwise comply with the terms below.

Pay no more than $25 when you start on a Novo Nordisk product and for each refill for up to 2 years, and no more than $20 for the next prescribed product and each refill for up to 2 years. The Novo Nordisk Instant Savings Card Program is inclusive of Levemir? FlexPen? (insulin detemir [rDNA origin] injection), NovoLog? FlexPen? (insulin aspart [rDNA origin] injection), or NovoLog? Mix 70/30 FlexPen? (70% insulin aspart protamine suspension and 30% insulin aspart injection, [rDNA origin]). Offer is valid for a maximum of 24 refills per product over the 2 years. Novo Nordisk reserves the right to modify or cancel this program at any time. Please deduct the amount of the discount from any claim for reimbursement submitted to your insurance company or plan.

To the Patient: You must present this card to the pharmacist along with your prescription to participate in this program. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility or benefits, or if you wish to discontinue your participation, call the Novo Nordisk Instant Savings Card Program at 1-855-292-5966 (8:00 AM-8:00 PM EST, Monday-Friday). When you use this card, you are certifying that you understand the program rules, regulations, and terms and conditions. You are not eligible if prescriptions are paid by any state or other federally funded programs, including but not limited to Medicare or Medicaid, Medigap, VA, DOD, or TRICARE, or where prohibited by law; and you will otherwise comply with the terms below.

Get 1 free box of Novo Nordisk needles when you activate your Instant Savings Card and enroll in the program. Limit 1 box of needles per person. Needles are sold separately and may require a prescription in some states. Needles and FlexPen? must not be shared. Offer limited to 1 card per patient. Offer not valid for claims that are submitted by or on behalf of a patient for reimbursement or coverage for Levemir? FlexPen?, NovoLog?, or NovoLog? Mix 70/30 FlexPen? under Medicaid, Medicare, TRICARE, or any other federal or state government health care program. Offer not valid for Levemir? FlexPen?, NovoLog?, or NovoLog? Mix 70/30 FlexPen? reimbursed in full by any third party payor. Offer void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited.

Offer only good in the U.S.A. Eligibility is restricted to individuals; no clubs, groups, or organizations. This savings card is not transferable. If you need assistance with prescription drug costs, help may be available.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  8. Junosmom

Junosmom Approved members

Unless they've changed it recently...
    I tried to sign my son up for this when we were about to fill our 90 day supply in September 2013. One question even gave the option to say "I am the parent/guardian of a child on insulin" or something like that. And after entering all the data, it said - sorry, the patient must be over 18 to qualify.

I called the company and spoke to a representative who confirmed that they indeed only let people over 18 join and get this deal. I asked then why did they have the option to say "I am the parent..." No good answer.

I suggested that people raising children could probably use the benefit as much or more than those who were already adults. "Yes, ma'am, I understand...." No good answer.

I'd like to know if it got changed. We are nowhere near to using our 90 day supply yet (honeymoon) but would like info to keep in back of my mind (which is getting quite crowded these days).

9. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

We were given a discount card last May when we switched back to Novolog. Like this offer, it required us to sign up for Cornerstones for Care. Unlike this offer, the card was a one time use. I tried the link I posted above today. We don't qualify because we used the earlier card.

10. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Too funny! Well said! lol

11. sincity2003

sincity2003 Approved members

We are not in the Northeast; however, we do have Anthem and we did get the letters that Novolog, Levemir and FreeStyle and AccuChek strips are not covered last month.

If you go online to manage your prescriptions, I think it's under prescription history, when you go to re-order, it will tell you "This medicine is no longer covered as of 1/1/14" if they are not covered. I noticed it two nights ago when I was doing some re-orders before the end of the year.

12. shoe

shoe New Member

Call back!! The same thing happened to me when I tried to register my daughter online. I called and the rep told me she wasn't eligible because she was under 18. I kept asking why and finally she looked it up and found that two of the possible drugs it can be used for require you to be 18. Can't remember both, but one was Vioxx. Anyway, she saw that and said she was eligible after all. Call back and explain that to the rep. The lady I spoke with was very helpful and patient. I was worried the card wouldn't work because I had used the three month card already, but she activated it (I told her I had used the other) and it did work at the pharmacy on Tuesday.

13. kt_mom

kt_mom Approved members

I used it this month to refill DD's flexpens. I was not able to sign up online so I had to call in, but had no problems getting it set up. It was a pain at the pharmacy waiting for them to do their part but I was also using a savings card for DH's Uloric. In the end I only saved $25 on DD's it would have been $100 for the 90 day supply and I paid $75. The savings card for DH's Uloric worked better. I paid $15 for the 90 day supply that would have also cost me $100. I have a savings card for the Lantus to try when I refill that later this month.

14. Hawxter

Hawxter New Member

The discount program may have changed since 2009, as presently it says that (and this is from www.levemir.com) a person will pay no more than $25 for levemir for a 30ds, or $20 for other Novo Nordisk products up to $100 savings per 30 ds. Based upon recent posts, this also seems to work for 90 ds at local pharmacies. I read Walgreens has a discount program that brings a box of 5 flex pens (novolog or levemir) to around $160, so applying this card would bring a box down to $60 in that case. I have not seen flexpens on other discount programs, but that does not mean they do not have them. Generally, discount cards can only be used locally. Hope this helps someone.