- advertisement -

Not sure why this would matter???

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lisa - Aidan's mom, Jun 26, 2012.

1. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

You could have them call you--that's a good idea. Or you could just say no. Like, "I understand that you are not used to this, however, his doctor and I have decided that this is best so he is going to administer himself. Thank you so much for your support." :)

2. Annapolis Mom

Annapolis Mom Approved members

I recently had the same problem with a camp I had signed my daughter up for. The people in charge thought that the pump had some kind of magic to it that made the dosage correct. After some bad interactions with the person who gave me a "no", I went up the ladder and found some people who understood the Americans with Disabilities Act. They have to make "reasonable accomodations" for your child. What you are asking falls squarely into the realm of "reasonable." They cannot make rules or policies to get around the law. There are some excellent resources on the American Diabetes Association website that relate to this.