- advertisement -

Northwest Iowa families!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mama2H, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

We are going to be having our next support group meeting at King's Point water park in Storm Lake and I wanted to invite any families in the area to come. We will be meeting at 1pm at the water park. Just in case anyone is out there lurking :) please feel welcome to come meet up with us :cwds:

I suppose a date would help :eek: Sunday April 5th is the date.

2. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Oh, I would love to come if I was a tad closer. I hope you have a great turn out.

3. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

It is attached to a hotel *wink* *wink* you could make a weekend of it :D

4. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

btt :D for the afternoon crowd.

5. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

Whaaaaaaaaa~~I would love to come! I would come if I thought we were even going to be home by then. It's a ways from Des Moines, but I am originally from the Webster City, Ft. Dodge area. We used to camp at Storm Lake when I was a kid. Have a great time!

6. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

That would have been nice :( How is Morgan doing? I haven't been able to be on much to keep up. I hope he is doing much better. I say a little prayer for him nightly.

7. dragonfly

dragonfly Approved members

I don't know that we'll be able to make it, but keep posting this. M would love to meet some new friends!

We're in Sioux Falls.

8. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I would love to come, but unfortunately I don't have transportation and besides, I am not supposed to be traveling just yet.

9. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

If Holly is back home we could car pool. That would be awesome. Do you know how far you are from Des Moines? Ok, I just found out it is about 3 hours from me. That is not bad. I would love to come. Is it on a Sunday?

10. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Kristi, don't quote me, I think it would about a 3 hour drive. Beth, if I had room I would come pick you up :(

11. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

FYI, I just watched the weather and this may not happen after all :( Bummer cause my kids are so excited :( I will keep this thread updated in case we miss all the stinkin snow.

12. Tori's Mom

Tori's Mom Approved members

LOL, I just posted about the weather on our sacwd forum. Great minds think alike and all that....:D

13. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Are we talking snow or a blizzard? I didn't think it's that bad unless I'm missing something:confused:

14. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Channel 9 just said 8 to 15 inches or more :eek: Starting Saturday with blowing all day Sunday :(

15. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Holy cow, I missed that- I just saw a 60% chance of snow is all.
    Oh man I just washed the snow suits to put them away for the year too. :mad::(

16. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

What NO WAY!

17. Tori's Mom

Yep, supposed to be a LARGE storm. Large area of 6-8 inches but also a wide band with 8-15 inches with blizzard conditions into Sunday due to 35 mph or so winds.

18. Tori's Mom

Better dig 'em out one more time!! The good news is, the snow shouldn't last long!!!!

19. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

If you meet a little later in the spring/summer we could probably make it. We like to go to the sprint car races in Jackson, MN but we haven't gone in several years. That's about 80 miles straight north. I have relatives in Alpha, MN about 7 miles from Jackson. We could probably do the races, visit relatives, and go down to King's point all in the same weekend. It sounds like fun!:cwds:

20. Abby-Dabby-Doo

We usually meet once a month, so I'm sure we'll hook up one of these times. We'll keep you posted.