- advertisement -

No Sharps Containers in SoCal

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by BozziesMom, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

LOL about the cat.

That's CA politics for you though...make a law that is almost impossible to obey. Geeze. Yet they can't pass a legitimate budget.

2. traceee26

traceee26 New Member

3. Denise

Denise Approved members

wow this thread makes me appreciate our small town here in Indiana. We live in a community of 6000 and our local (small) hospital gives us the sharps container for FREE and when it's full, we just bring it back and they give us a new one. It can be any day of the week....just walk in any time. :cwds:

4. DebEMT

DebEMT Approved members

I have always just tossed mine in the trash. Been doing it that way for over 30 years now!

Before my mother-in-law passed away, my brother-in-law would collect her syringes in a coffee can. When it got full - he would light it on fire and melt them. Then let the can cool, take it back inside and put more in it. After doing this several times and having the coffee can close to full (couldn't get too full and safely light a fire inside it), he would toss it in the trash.

You couldn't identify the melted mass, either - so no one would know you were throwing away sharps! ;)

Deb in Southern Illinois