- advertisement -

No Dexcom reception when out??

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KHS22, Apr 4, 2014.

1. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

After a bit of a rocky start, we are loving our Dexcom. We get great reading and reception. Except when we are out!! It seems as soon as we step outside the house, it gets no signal!! Even if its right physically on her! As soon as we are home again, we get readigns again!

WTH?? Is it like radio signal interferance when we are out and about or something? Any one else have this??

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

The only time we have experienced anything like that was at the local Children's Museum. It stopped giving readings when we went in the door, and started up again about 10 minutes after we left. Other than that, we have very good luck with readings.

3. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

I would call Dexcom, that isn't normal. We don't get nearly the range that other get inside the home, and she has to have it right on her mostly. But to have no readings outside the home is something that you should call about.

4. shannong

shannong Approved members

We have had a lot of issues with out of range alerts and ??? symbols on the Dexcom. It happens every day that we get one or both problems. Dexcom replaced everything - receiver, transmitter twice, sensors, etc. We are still plagued by these issues. I have had to accept that this is just going to happen unfortunately. It never has problems at night which is good, and rarely when my son is in the house. Dexcom feels there must be something causing an interference at school. Also, any time my son runs (physically starts running around) almost always results in the ??? symbols. Dexcom says that motion has been shown to affect the sensor and is why they always ask if they were doing some kind of physical activity. I can't, nor do I want to stop an 8 year old boy from running, so we live with the problems. The problems result in probably 4 hours of lost Dexcom data per day. It sucks, but honestly, I would use the Dexcom for the nights alone and I never have problems with it when he is sleeping. I would call Dexcom though and keep reporting your problems.

5. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

What symbol are you getting when you go out?

???
    hour glass
    or the circle with a line thru a T

I find it completely strange.

6. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

The circle with a line through it over the recption icon. Means unable to get transmission I gather from the manual...

7. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Could it be your car? is it on her booty?

overhead powerlines?

8. jessicat

jessicat Approved members

We had these same problems until we changed site location from the butt to the arm.

9. shannong

shannong Approved members

Interesting. I might try and different location.