- advertisement -

No delivery alarms MM 723 pump?

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by Ellen, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

I saw this post in the parents chat room on CWD and wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience recently. I'll direct Tom here if there have been others. Thanks.

Tom Son Grant dx'd @ 11 months; Now 14 Years Old. Sun Mar 27 11:24:37 AM EDT 2011
    Grant's been pumping for 13 years. All of a sudden we have experienced a huge increase in the number and frequency of no delivery alarms. Initially we thought it was due to change from Minimed 722 to 723 pump. Now believe it is caused by change in Minimed reservoirs. "Old" reservoirs had a clear cap. "New" reservoirs have a white cap. So, my question is: have others experienced an increase in no delivery alarms associated with the new white capped reservoirs? Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  2. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

We also had a lot of No Delivery alarms on a 723, but I'll have to double check on the cap color. Not sure if ours were white or clear.

My gut feeling is that our no deliveries were site absorption issues. We ended up switching to the Omnipod so I can't say for sure what caused the errors we were having.

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I don't know how helpful this will be, but I'll chime in just in case.

I would try a different kind of site to see if that helps. On the 522, we started having frequent, unexplained No Delivery alarms. It was a nightmare. We tried everything, and eventually even had MM replace the pump. That didn't help. What ended up working was a switch from SureTs to Silhouettes. We had used SureTs without issues for 18 months, but for whatever reason, they simply stopped working for us. Once we switched to Sils, no more problems.

When the SureTs were redesigned, I ordered a box just to see if they would work again. On the first site, we got a No Delivery alarm. So for us, it was just that the particular type of site stopped working. I have no idea why, but I'm 100% sure that's what it was.

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

The white caps have been around for a long time, so I'm not sure why they'd all of a sudden have this issue. In the 5 years of pumping we've had one no delievery alarm. I don't know what caused it either. I think I'd try Karla's suggestion about trying a different set.

5. AmyMcCracken

AmyMcCracken Approved members

My daughter received a no delivery alarm Tuesday morning on her MM723. In 5 years of pumping this was our 1st no delivery. Her reservior was empty, but the pump never alarmed for low reservior. The week before it did give the low reservoir alarm. I called MM and they are sending a replacement pump.

6. JackyH

JackyH Approved members

We just switched from the 722 to the Veo three weeks ago - on the 722 I never once received a no delivery alarm. We've had three sites now that have given no delivery alarms since we switched. Yesterday he "forgot" to tell me he got one during the lunch time bolus so it was in suspend mode for two hours before I discovered what happened (so no lunchtime bolus and no basal) - argh - it's driving me crazy. Of course we also changed insulin from Humalog to Apidra so too many changes to know if anything triggered it. But I checked our reservoirs and they are all white caps going right to the bottom of my sharps bucket.

We are using Sure-Ts and lately (the last couple of months - so pre-new pump and pre-Apidra) we are getting no more than two days from a site whereas prior to that we always got 3 to 4 days - we just changed on Tues and Sat. Karla, when the Sure-Ts stopped working for you, did you also find you were not getting as many days from a site? He is very resistant to the idea of trying the Silhouettes (looks too much like a sensor) but I may have to push it....

7. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Jacky,
    Since going on Apidra my younger son can only go 2 1/2 days on a site. We are on the same infusion set that we have been on for years. My older son has no problem going 3 days on Apidra. Must be different for everyone. I have since put younger son back on Novolog.

8. JackyH

JackyH Approved members

Thanks Carol. When you change the site at 2.5 days - do you change the insulin/reservoir too or just the infusion set? Bearing in mind that I live in the Artic (feels like it anyway) I suspect we should be OK just changing the site. I just bribed him (I've no shame) into trying a silhouette today so we'll see how that works out.

Sorry to hear the Apidra didn't work out for your younger boy - I love the Apidra - the first week on it was amazing - didn't see a single BS above 180. I was going to wait until Spring Break to start it - thankfully I didn't as he just started his crazy hormone cycle again and basals have gone from 9 - 18 in the last three days - I would have thought it was the Apidra.