- advertisement -

Night Checks?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by kierbabi09, Jun 15, 2009.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I don't do night checks anymore. For a while I was getting up at 3am and checking but I never went low so my endo said I didn't need to do them anymore. I usually wake up in the morning in the 70's and 80's.

Does anyone else NOT check during the night? Just curious.

2. Hollyb

Hollyb Approved members

Aaron doesn't check routinely, only if there's some reason to think he might be more likely to be low or high -- like he just did a big correction before bed, or had a huge snack, or has been having trouble with lows that evening. (Actually it adds up to quite a few nights.)

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Nope, I only check on the nights following something major.

Some of the meds I'm on make me amazingly drowsy - if I want to be able to wake up and check, I have to skip taking them, so it's not something I want to do that often.

4. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Not routinely. If I've had a strange day, numbers were off before bed, or need to be somewhere really important in the morning, I'll get up. I think my night basals are pretty set- I can check my sensor graphs and tweak when needed. If there is an issue, my cgms will alarm and I will hopefully wake up (I don't always wake to it) Last night it alarmed all night, but I was out for the night lol. My tubing had broken, how wonderful, so I was 420 when mom checked me before she left.

5. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I usually don't, unless I've been having issues. Like Rae said, my cgm will alarm if I'm low or high, and I usually wake up because I have it next to my pillow at night.

6. diabetesgrlsxoxo

diabetesgrlsxoxo Approved members

I only check at night if I think that I'll go low. Like if I had to correct a high recently I check just to make sure I don't go too low. Or if we had a lot of activity that day I always seem to check and that has actually saved me a few times. But I have never had to do nightly bg checks...wait nevermind the first week or 2 I did :cwds:

7. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

depends on what i am before bed or if i happened to get up the night before and was overly high/low. but i normally wake up or can't go to sleep when i'm low....
    when i was younger my mom got up to check me almost every night because i went up and down a lot and it was the only way i could go to sleep.

8. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

I don;t check in the night unless I suspect that I might go high or low or if I am already high or low. My basals are set well enough that there is no need.

9. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I check every night at 2am because I tend to drop a lot in the middle of the night. My endo and the CDEs just can't seem to figure me out. That's why I eat breakfast at 8am every day.

10. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

I don't usually, but if I were to wake up to go to the bathroom or something, I just check to see where I am. Which is a good thing, because I've caught quite a few highs that way. :)