- advertisement -

Nice easter bunny

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by zimbie45, Mar 25, 2008.

1. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

i wanted to share with you all something that Charlize said.. It kinda broke my heart, but we have heard similar comments about santa clause and such... We went on a trip this year for easter, and the kids got there baskets hidden in the bathroom from the Easter bunny... Well it had candy in it and toys and stuff, Charlize got really excited because as she put it" wow mommy, the easter bunny is so nice and really good... " I asked her WHY? so she told me """ because he included the carb counts for me so i can eat the candy.. "

IT breaks my heart that our kids have to thing an easter bunny knows they are diabetic and gives them carbs counts for stuff

2. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Tom got annoyed with me yesterday for checking the carb count on the Peeps the grocery was trying to unload. Guess he's tired of checking too!

~~Becky~~

3. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

LOL I sat and wrote down every carb count that wasnt on the package for the loose stuff like jellybeans ( Lifesavers brand is soooo good). I didnt put the list w/ the candy but in Joey's log book instead and showed him where it was. What amazes me is that I sat down and did this w/ out even thinking twice. It reminded me of the 'battery list' I make for Xmas :D

4. momofphoenix

momofphoenix Approved members

Phoenix said the Easter Bunny was nice cause he got toys and 3 pieces of candy and got 7.00 he said "Wow mom now I can go buy good candy.. ya know sugar free stuff...." I just looked at him and smiled.

5. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

Jacob is afraid of the Easter Bunny. When he thinks of the Easter Bunny he thinks of the giant six ft rabbit that was at the grocery store by our house. Kids were sitting on his lap. Not Jacob. No way. Then he was afraid that a giant rabbit was going to sneak into his room at night. I thought about dressing up in a rabbit suit and sneaking into his room but I didn't want to traumatize him for life. :D

6. Sari

Sari Approved members

Ross got a goody bag at daycare recently and yelled "look Mommy, there are carb counts." He was so excited, as were we! The parents of the birthday boy cut out the labels from all the food packages and included it in his goodie bag. For me, it was the best goodie ever!

I love when people "get it".

7. Noel

Noel Approved members

Something funny to add......

Aidan has a hard time eating combos (the pretzal things with the cheese inside) does some weird things to BG so this is a treat he doesn't get very often....well that ole East Bunny thought it was high time he had a little treat and put a package in his basket.

So when he found his basket and was pulling the stuff out he said, "I got candy and candy a CD and COMBOS, COMBOS, COMBOS, COMBOS, THE EASTER BUNNY IS AWESOME"

DH got a huge kick out of this....he said that only a child with d would get so excited over pretzals!!