- advertisement -

Nice bag that would work for diabetes supplies

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I saw this in Target yesterday and am tempted to go back and get it.

http://www.target.com/p/swissgear-v.../A-11149392#prodSlot=medium_1_15&term=luggage

I like that the front zips open, but it has nylon on each side so everything does not come tumbling out. It also has a few pockets and pouches for securing things. There is a second pocket that will hold a lot also. It was a good size, but not too big, yet not too small (sounds like an add for the 3 little bears!).

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

3. selketine

selketine Approved members

That bag reminds me of the Overland Placer bag. I've had one for years and it is the best bag I've found for a small bag that holds a ton - I use it alot when I travel. http://www.overlandequipment.com/product/shoulder/593-32-32-L1 The main compartment could hold all the D supplies while the front could hold the money, keys, etc. for both!

4. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

5. Beach bum

He's only 6 right? I think you could easily get away with that style.
    I got a plain black small backpack for my husband at Walmart. Not very big at all, but holds everything. I don't think I paid more than $12 for it.

6. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my DD's bag. It's Vera Bradley mini hanging organizer.It is perfect for OmniPod! :)

7. KaseyK

KaseyK Approved members

Thats adorable! Its so hard with a boy :( We have a black makeup bag from Target. Its teal inside and has 3 fold out zipper compartments. I sewed elastic on one side to hold the Omnipod remote, insulin, test strips & poker. I can imagine there is much more I would be able to find that works better for us

8. Beach bum

Try LL Bean. We use their lunch boxes in the summer for storing supplies at the beach. Check their sale bin online. Or, if you have an outlet near you, it's worth checking out. That's where we got ours. Same for Lands End.

9. maciasfamily

maciasfamily Approved members

LOVE this idea! Why can't they make boy patterns! So hard to find something cute but boy.

10. BittysMom

BittysMom Approved members

11. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

That's the bag that we use when traveling. :)

12. NomadIvy

This is a nice one from l.l.bean for a boy. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/53797?feat=847-GN1&page=carryall-guide-bag

13. NomadIvy

But I love this one... can fit so many things. And on the side is a foldable mesh pocket for water bottles.

14. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

OMG lovemyhounds!!! Did you bedazzle her supplies?! :eek: That's awesome. I love it. :D I love to beautify D stuff. Great idea.

15. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

It is "rhinestone car decoration sticker" from Ebay. Inexpensive and easy to apply :), but looks awesome :D.

16. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

17. Mimi

Mimi Approved members