- advertisement -

News for SureT users

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ScottB, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

We got a letter from MM yesterday stating that SureT's will be available with a number of what I consider welcomed changes.

#1- A 29 gauge needle which is 18% finer than before.
    #2- 3 needle length options: 6mm, 8mm and 10mm
    #3- 3 tubing length options: 18", 23" and 32"

I think it's great news because even though Justin prefers SureT's, he was getting aggravated at how he had no options to choose from in regards to needle and tubing length. Having those options to choose from now plus having a finer needle makes for a happy teen.

2. bisous

bisous Approved members

Awesome!! :)

3. shekov

shekov Approved members

good news.

i actually prefer a little longer tubing length since dd is short and i am tall;)

finer needle always a plus

4. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

Good news!

Liv's a longer tubing fan.:D Oh, and smaller needle fan.:cwds:

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

This is my big chance to prove (to myself anyway, I know that MM will not believe me) that our current boxes of SureTs are defective. I'll try the new ones, and if I get No Delivery alarms with them, I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that Jack's body is so weird that it is rejecting SureTs out of the blue.

6. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

Thanks for posting - just getting ready to order sure t's this week.

7. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Great news! A thinner gauge needle can't be a bad thing. :cwds:

8. Chrissy

Chrissy Approved members

i have to ask

Ok this might be dumb question but I need to ask.

Thurs. is our endo appt.
    We started pumping on Oct and basically I went to the required classes and the DR's talked to MM and then MM sent all the "stuff"
    So if I want to get the finer needle longer tube, do I need to ask endo for a 'scrip?
    :)Thanks.

9. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

I may be wrong on this so anyone who knows better please correct me but I guess that would all depend on who you order your pump supplies from as in do you order your pump supplies from a pharmaceutical supply or direct from MM? As far I know just having a scrip for the pump itself automatically allows you to choose what infusion set you want and in any configuration you want. I order Justin's pump supplies from MM's web site.

10. simom

simom Approved members

I ordered online yesterday, and on the SureT page was a note saying that they would send one box within 14 days and send other boxes based on your usage rate. Sounds like they don't have enough supplies built up? I don't like getting only one box at a time . . . .
    B

11. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I think they still have a shortage on all sets because of the QuickSet recall. Hopefully they'll catch up soon.

For the prior poster, you don't have to have a new prescription to change the type of sets that you use.

12. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

Their inventory supply seems to have been limited on all infusion sets since the Quick Set recall. They've already sent me 1 box of sureT's but still waiting on the remaining 2 that I ordered but I'm going to give them a call soon to make sure the changes they are making to the sureT's is effective right now and if so I'm going to see if I can have those remaining 2 boxes changed so they have the 23" tubing. I'll let you know what I find out later.

13. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

I just got off the phone with MM and the rep said that the options as far as needle and tubing length are in effect now however for those of you who are satisfied with the sureT's as they are and don't want to fix something you don't think is broke then regular sureT's will still be made available.