My DD was diagnosed on 9/22 so everything is still very new to us. At our most recent appointment the NP mentioned the CGM in passing and did explain further when we asked her about it but didn't really say anything about us getting one. And I didn't ask because this is all still fairly overwhelming and I was more focused on everything else. I've been reading some on here and trying to do a little research and it seems the CGM is a really good thing. But as far as getting one, I'm not really sure how that works. I signed up for a HDHP this year and with some prescriptions my husband had and now all the bills for DD we will meet our deductible and from what I can tell we may not be far off from meeting the annual out of pocket. I will be switching back to the PPO plan for next year. I'll pay more out of my paychecks, but I should save on the prescriptions. I've spent almost $1000 on test strips, lantus and supplies alone. Thank goodness I had a coupon for a free vial of Humalog (and glucagon) and the one we had from the hospital but next week when I fill the prescription for the novolog pens that will be at least another $300 for a 30 day supply unless the doctor bills clear and we meet the deductible. Anyway, I say all that to ask this. If we think we would be interested in a CGM where do we start and is it too soon? I have no idea how our insurance covers them or if it would be better to try for it this year since we've met the deductible or wait until next year when we are back on copays. I would appreciate any insight anyone has to share. We haven't even looked into pumps yet becuase the doctor said they like to wait a year first. But I will be looking into them as soon as they will agree to it for her.