- advertisement -

Newby from MT

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lily's Dad, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Lily's Dad

Lily's Dad New Member

For some reason I feel like I should be making an introduction like how they portray AA meeting in TV shows.

Hi my name in Trevor, my daughter has been diabetic for 48 hours now.

After reading through some of the stories on here I fell really fortunate not to have any terrible experiences. While recent diagnosis has rocked our world, we are already starting to adapt. We were fortunate that we caught this early and didn't end up in the hospital.

While I haven't searched the board yet, I figure I would ask here first.

Anyone else with a milk allergy? Fortunately the allergy has already started working in our favor, we already avoid a lot of food that we should, and we are already use to looking at labels, but diet is going to troublesome.

I look forward to learning from this group. Hopefully I won't be too much of a pest because I know I'm going to have lots of questions.

2. Pavlos

Pavlos Approved members

Sorry you had to find this place, but I'm glad you did. We were all newbies once, made a huge difference 5 years ago when my daughter was diagnosed. There are hundreds of parents here willing to share their collective experiences and wisdom, so please feel free to ask any questions. What I can promise is that things will get better.

I have no experience with milk allergies, I would suggest you post your question @ the "Parents of Children with Type 1" subforum where it will be read by more parents :)

3. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

My 8 year old has type 1 and is allergic to milk (among many other things).

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Hey Trevor :cwds: welcome! I see you have a little one with diabetes. There are many members who had babies and toddlers at diagnosis. I love you tag line, it can only get better from here and it really does :)