- advertisement -

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by peightonmom, Feb 25, 2014.

1. peightonmom

peightonmom Approved members

Mom of a newly diagnosed 9 year old daughter. She was diagnosed last week , so we are still trying to process all the info.
    I've been reading and this seems like a great board for info and support.

2. Deal

Deal Approved members

Indeed it is. Glad you found us. It stinks to be part of this club but we are all in it together.

3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Welcome to the T1D club!:(

My 11-year-old daughter was dx'd 01/24/2014, and we'd be lost without this Forum!

4. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Welcome! The first three months are so hard....the intense learning curve, then the anger and grief of all family members,...it gets easier. Never easy, but much less hard.

Ask away for whatever questions you have.

My favorite diabetes items to make life easier are 1) Dexcom CGM and 2) Perfect Portions Nutrition Scale.

My favorite diabetes book is Think Like A Pancreas by Gary Scheiner. I wish we'd been given it at diagnosis.

5. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

Yes welcome and sorry you have to be here. The people here have been around the block and really are terrific.

6. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

I always feel so odd saying "welcome", but don't know what else to say! It's a roller coaster, one you didn't voluntarily ride, you'll live eat breath numbers and carbs and have crazy anxiety for the next 6 weeks or so...then you'll find that life has a more normal rhythm, one that includes numbers and carbs but doesn't revolve around them anymore. Be kind to yourself, understand it will get better, IT WILL!

Glad you found this place. It's an unbelievable resource. You'll be so so scared the first time you take advice from here that your MD didn't approve...but pretty soon you'll realize that those of us living in the trenches actually do understand and it's OK to make changes and tweak things on your own.

Ask questions, no matter how basic or complicated. You are not alone.

7. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Duplicate. No idea why. Ignore!

8. Jess'mom

Jess'mom New Member

My nine year old daughter was diagnosed three weeks ago today. Thank you for the great replies to the original person's post. They helped me too!

Novalog and Lantus. Plan to get the Dexcom GCM very soon.

9. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Welcome, but sorry you have a reason to be here!

This is the best place to get Dexcom advice so please don't hesitate to make use of the search function or post on the main board if you have any questions. The dex is truly an amazing tool.