- advertisement -

Newbie ;)

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Beccacito, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Beccacito

Beccacito New Member

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site so I thought I would just tell you a little bit about myself. I'm 15 and turning 16 soon. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 3 so i have only ever known a life with diabetes. I try my best to not let it stop me from anything. It may take some extra work, but it just makes me stronger. I'm so excited that I found such a great site and hoping to get to know alot of people who can relate to me.

2. beck95

beck95 Approved members

Hey hey!!!! Welcome to CWD!!! I am Rebekah and i am sixteen. I was diagnosed at four so i dont know life other than with D either (or at least sick with it:D). I hope you find the support on here that you are looking for. Have fun!!!!:)

3. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

Hi! my names Jess, I'm 17 and I've had d since I was 15... but honestly even I don't remember what its like to live without d because no one apreciates being able to eat with out counting carbs and giving insulin until they can't anymore :cwds: this site is really great for meeting people though=)

do you have a face book? I belong to a typeone teens facebook group thats really great=) its closed though so you have to friend a moderator first....

4. snowball00

snowball00 New Member

Hey I am 13 and I have been a TYPE 1 DIABETIC sens Febuary of 2011. I am new to this site can anyone give me tips about eating to lower blood suger.

Thanks

5. ntfrazz

ntfrazz Approved members

Hey my name's Nathan and I'm new too. I was diagnosed in 2010, when I was 15. I was scared. Had no idea what in the world diabetes was, but now I'm used to it. Doesn't bother me to prick my finger, know how to count carbs, etc. Hoping to get to know some other diabetics near my age. I've been to two diabetes camps but never kept up with anyone I met there. Don't know any other diabetics. I just started homeschooling, but even at the private school I went to I was the only diabetic there.

6. kinder23

kinder23 Approved members

Welcome! :D

7. Abbi

Abbi New Member

Hey I'm new here to. I'm Abbi. I'm 15 and will be 16 soon to. I've had type 1 diabetes for 4 yrs now. e-mail me if you want halloweengurl96@yahoo.com

Abbi :cool: