- advertisement -

New

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mbolen, Oct 4, 2010.

1. mbolen

mbolen New Member

hello all,

i am new to this site and actually to this type of interaction. my daughter was diagnosed 3 years ago with type 1 diabetes. all has been well until the last few months. she has always been a real trooper but recently she has become a true teenage. i hope to get advice and connect with people that have may have the same issues that we are facing. i am trying really hard to do the right thing ....

2. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

Hello mbolen. Well - I have a teenager (13yo girl) who was diagnosed 5 years ago - I fit the bill! LOL! I am glad you have joined. I have found this forum to be a mine of information and support. Welcome.

3. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Welcome! I have a teenager also but she was dx as a teen.. I hope you are able to get the info you need.

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Welcome as well. I have a teen, but he was dx'd when he was three. What issues are you having with your daughter? Let us know and advice will be freely given. Otherwise, look at the postings and see what you can apply to your situation.

5. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

Hi

welcome to cwd!

I know what you mean, about D and teenagers are a real challenge. Encouraging them to be responsible and independent with d care and knowing its okay to let us help them too.

Like a balancing act to monitor D, hormones, diet, and blood sugars.

6. WiscoJim

WiscoJim Approved members

Welcome! Let me know if you need any advice as to dealing with teens, I recently left my teens but lived with diabetes throughout!