- advertisement -

New to Dexcom HELP!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Tyson'smom, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Tyson'smom

Tyson'smom Approved members

What is the scoop on the ERR message where the number is supposed to be?? It was all fine and dandy and then it just popped up for no reason. We just changed the sensor yesterday.

2. cindyrn6617

cindyrn6617 Approved members

Hey, do you have your book? Err0 means the sensor cannot calibrate right now. Err1 means the sensor is not calibrating properly. The book tells you what to do to try and fix it. We've had this a couple of times and it cleared up. Good luck, we love our Dexcom.

3. Tyson'smom

Tyson'smom Approved members

ohhhh okay! I am at my parents house at the moment and I don't have my book - I was panicking because I thought that it meant we had to change the whole sensor again and we just did it last night. THANKS!

4. cindyrn6617

cindyrn6617 Approved members

Okay, Err0 it says to add 1 more fingerstick in about 10-15 min. Err1 says to wait about an hour and enter at least one more fingerstick and if none then the sensor may need to be replaced. Now, if the sensor has to be replaced, make sure you call Dexcom for a replacement. We have had to do that a few times.

5. KellyMama

KellyMama Approved members

We had the ERR1 yesterday and after waiting an hour and adding the finger-stick it gave us the ??? so we just changed out the sensor since we were on day 10 anyway. ;)