- advertisement -

New Tandem Pump

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Brenda, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

2. Ali

Ali Approved members

Hello. Long time pump user and checking out Tandem again. I know I can find the answers with some searching but going to be lazy and ask here:) With the bluetooth capability I know you can see data on your phone but can you operate your pump from your phone? Does anyone know if Tandem still does not recommend using Apidra insulin with their pump?Thanks. I am able to replace my pump next year and really love the new basal AP adjustment software coming out with the new Medtronic pump in 2017, a great match for me, but if it looks like T Slim may have a similar product in 2018 I may wait and switch to that system. Thanks for any feedback.

3. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Not sure about operating from your phone. You still can't use apidra (it really doesn't work- lots of occlusions). I think the lack of apidra is one of the biggest disadvantages since it works so well in terms of quickly changing blood sugar via basal adjustments. My plan is to try out the medtronic and see if the new sensor works for me and then decide if I want to switch. I could pay $800 now to upgrade to the upgradable tslim but I am not going to since I haven't decided what to do yet and I will be able to just go through insurance by the time both medtronic and tslim have their new pumps out. No one has used the new sensor outside of clinical trials so it will be interesting to see how it works.

4. Ali

Ali Approved members

Thanks, Meg. I am very wedded to Apidra, was hoping maybe it did not turn out to really be an issue, it is odd as I can not figure out what is possibly different that would cause problems.:) I would really love to jump on the new system. I have used the MM sensor system for a long time and I get good results but I have not tried the Dex in years.