- advertisement -

new name for D on our block

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by sam1nat2, Jan 15, 2010.

1. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

I've mentioned a few times that we have 3 kids on our block with D. There are also 2 other kids who are also D who hang out with the kids on the block on a regular basis.
    Sam has been hanging out with the boy across the street lately and the boy's older bro's BFF also has D.
    One night Sam came home and asked me if there were any other names for D. I told him I didn't know of any. He tells me that N calls it "the beats":cool: N is 4 years older than Sam and Sam really thinks this guy is cool, which he is...

One of these days I'm going to have to get a picture of "the beats" crew. All 5 of them pump with the same blue pump---we will have to put them in personalized bags when we have our big summer waterslide party (yes, I'm already concerned someone will put on the wrong pump!!)

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Cool name. They just need leather jackets now!:D

3. diabetesgoddess

diabetesgoddess Approved members

That is cute. If not jackets, definitely shirts although I am sure it will be tough enough to get a picture.
    We got together with a group a few years ago and on the table sat 3 or 4 ice blue Cozmo pumps. One kid did walk away with the wrong pump but thankfully we were nearby and got it back right away. It was a different site than he was using so it wouldn't have hooked up to him but it was rather neat to see...the pumps not the kid taking the wrong one :)

4. sam1nat2

Paula, I like that:D
    They are quite the gang!!

5. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Sounds like a worthy front page news story for the local section of the paper
    :).

6. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

Thank you for sharing!

7. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I agree!! and I'd like to see them in a d magazine too:)

8. sam1nat2

Ellen,
    Our mutual friend on FB lives very close to me, I'm sure if there was a story there, she would have made it happen. The last kid on the block to get dx'd was in her dd's class all through elementary.