advertisement

New member!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Colleen Clatworthy, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Colleen Clatworthy

Colleen Clatworthy New Member

Hello-
    My 6 year old daughter, Pita, was diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes 3 years ago this coming August. No one in our family has Type 1 and this came as quite a shock. She has adjusted really well and has a good understanding of what needs to happen and why. We are running into some issues now that she is going into 1st grade. We only have a select few parents that we trust to leave her with for play dates, otherwise she is having play dates with new friends at our house. She is getting a little frustrated with this. She does wear a CGM, which has been so great in helping us manage her. Any advice?

Thanks,
    Colleen

2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

I’d call the parent(s) of her friends and ask them if they would be willing to learn what to look out for when your daughter is at their home. You may be surprised by the number of parents who are willing. (Of course there will always be the stray parent or three who are too worried about the “liability”. )

3. Colleen Clatworthy

Colleen Clatworthy New Member

Thanks so much for the advice. I guess I was just worried about being to forward and thought parents would come to me if they were willing. I will just have to get out of my comfort zone and approach them!