- advertisement -

New Iphone Application for kids with Type 1 Diabetes

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Panarea, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Panarea

Panarea Approved members

Hello,

I hope this post will be well received by this community. Our firm -Panarea Software- is proud to announce the release of ?The body and type 1 diabetes: A guide for kids and their families?. This is the first Iphone/Ipod Touch Application specifically designed for kids with Type 1 diabetes.

This is a FREE application.

With this educational application, children with Type 1 diabetes will have fun while learning how to monitor and manage their condition. This innovative application uses content developed by diabetes experts, animated graphics, engaging audio and a number of interactive activities.

We?d like to invite you to download ?The body and type 1 diabetes: A guide for kids and their families? by clicking here

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/managing-type-1-diabetes-a/id351202743?mt=8

We look forward to hearing your feedback!

www.Panarea.com.ar/diabetes

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

I looked at this app about 2 days ago, I think that this is the perfect explanation of diabetes for kids probably 6-11 age range. It covers the myths and facts about diabetes, and everyday things. I like the quiz at the end too, I kinda did wish that there was a game with it to.

Two Thumbs Up from Me! :)

3. Panarea

Panarea Approved members

Thanks for your comment!

I'm very glad you liked it and thanks for your comments. We are indeed planning to add several features, like games, additional content, multi-language, etc...

We like this project and have been doing it as a pro-bono work within our software firm. You can find more info about our project here:
    www.panarea.com.ar/diabetes

We're currently discussing with a few possible sponsors to fund additional features and developments and we'll make sure that we keep the future apps FREE for as many kids and parents to download.

I would truly appreciate if you could post your comments in the app store. I'm sure that will encourage other people to download it.

Thanks in advance!

4. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Nice job. Looking forward to the games etc. Any chance the full explanation of diabetes info will be available on a web page for people like teachers, coaches etc. to be able to read who may not want to download the app?

On the definitions page, there were no words (at least on my download). You may want to check on that.

5. selketine

selketine Approved members

I'm downloading it to my phone now. If it looks good I will put it on William's touch and see how he likes it - he is 8 yrs old so probably in the target group.;)

If it doesn't have a game with it or some interactive feature, I suggest adding one. This is a tough market - at least I know that he says his favorites are Pocket God, ones that alter photos or let you download funny photos, and ones that do funny things like make farting noises or make funny sounds. Not suggesting you add farting noises to your app but ....:p

6. karliesmom

karliesmom Approved members

I just downloaded this application. I think it is an awesome idea and can't wait to show it to my daughter when she gets home from school. It might help me to explain in simpler terms what diabetes is to some of her friends. I think I make my explanations a little too complicated sometimes. The kids just looked at me like :eek: LOL

7. Panarea

Panarea Approved members

8. Panarea

Panarea Approved members

carol, thanks for your post. i really look forward to hearing your and william's feedback about our app. I would appreciate it if you could share it with us in this forum or by e-mail at diabetes@panarea.com.ar
    best,
    guido

9. Panarea

Panarea Approved members

kim.
    thanks for your feedback! please let us know your what your daughter's reaction was! This is a v1.0 and we want to improve our app to be sure kids find it fun and engaging!
    best,

10. allisa

allisa Approved members

can you download onto an Itouch...or only an iphone ? my son with D has an Itouch....and the one without D has the phone....

11. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

It would be cool if it would help calculate boluses, corrections, and basal rates!

12. Ashti

Ashti Approved members

I agree! It would be very helpful especially for those who aren't on the pump.

13. GinaB

GinaB Approved members

FYI. If you search 'type 1' it shows up as an iPhone app but if you search 'diabetes' it doesn't. You'de get more exposure if it showed up both places. I look forward to sharing this with my family.

14. Panarea

Panarea Approved members

yes! the app is also compatible with the ipod touch.
    look forward to hearing your thoughts! and if you have a few minutes, please post a review in the app store! thanks in advance!

15. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

Definitely need to get the diabetes tag on it.

My 15 year old grinned when I handed him my iPod touch to read your application. He thought it was cute and that it would be good for little kids.

16. Panarea

Panarea Approved members

Thanks everyone for the great ideas for future releases. They are very helpful!

17. Panarea

Panarea Approved members

Since your comments an ideas were such a great help for us, I'll ask you another favor. Can you tell us in which forums, blogs, pages, etc we should post the information of the application, to help reaching people who could make a good use of the product.

Thanks to everyone and if you didn't download the application, remember it's FREE so give it a try.

18. Mom2Michael

Mom2Michael Approved members

This looks great, our entire family got the new ipod touch for Christmas so we'll all be downloading it! TY :)

19. cynth873

cynth873 Approved members

My four year old LOVES this app. He watches it at least once a day! He especially loves the parrot and the "trip through the body"
    Thanks!