- advertisement -

New Here!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mommaof7, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Mommaof7

Mommaof7 Approved members

My son Zechariah was diagnosed this past Thursday, his 3rd birthday. We were just released from the hospital yesterday and I'm jumpin' on in. I was told this site and forum are a wonderful resource and I'm sure I'll be here often.

A little about me, I'm 33, stay at home mommy pregnant with #7 mommy. I homeschool my babies and my oldest will graduate next year! My youngest out of the womb, was, as I said before, diagnosed last Thursday, so we are currently in the world wind of counting carbs and calculating insulin etc... I'm looking forward to spending alot of time

2. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Welcome Cori!
    I'm sorry to hear your son was diagnosed, but SO GLAD you found us! You'll find a wealth of information here!
    Wow seven children, home schooled and a stay at home mom- MY HATS OFF TO YOU! I hope you find time on the computer!

I noticed your from the island of Oahu in Hawaii- My son Tyler was born at Tripler Army Medical Center, and I lived in Waipahu for 2 years (Tyler's dad was a Marine) back in 1991.

3. Mommaof7

Thanks so much!!

Yes, we moved here August '06. My hubby was born and raised here, so all the family is here, at least his. We are very near Waipahu, in fact, Costco's there, so I spend alot of time there!:D

4. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Now I have to ask, what beach was that photo of Zechariah taken on? I have a cute one of Tyler just like that on North Shore. I'll PM you later tonight. I don't want to bore the others.

5. sparkyjt

sparkyjt Approved members

I am mom to 5 and we are moving to HI in Dec. Hubby will be stationed at Tripler!!! Maybe we can get together!!! :)

6. Mommaof7

Let's see that was on Hauula beach on the Windward side.

When you get here sparky, PM me, that would be great! I'm delivering at Moanalua Kaiser which is right next to Tripler!

7. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about Zech's diagnosis, but you've come to the right place, the folks here are great!

8. LJS118

LJS118 Approved members

Hi

Hi,
    Sorry to hear about your son's dx. I have 3 children, my son is 10 1/2 and was dx 2days after his 2nd birthday. I was 6 months pregnant with #2 at the time so I kind of know how you feel.
    In the beginning its overwhelming, but as time goes by it gets easier-trust me. Its never fun, but it does get to be routine.
    take care,
    lori:)

9. cariad

cariad Approved members

Hiya my 3 yr old has just been diagnose too on 1st june I am mum to 4 inc a baby who was 12 weeks old when ds was dxs.
    take care
    kate x

10. Mik's Mom

Mik's Mom Approved members

hi and welcome

just wanted to say hi and let you know that this is a wonderful site full of great information and a wonderful support group -

Hugs

~Missy