- advertisement -

New here

Discussion in 'Teens' started by scotts, Jan 25, 2006.

1. scotts

scotts Approved members

Hey everyone, I am new here. I am a 20 year old college student who just got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes this past summer. I know this is a "teen" forum, but I was wondering if there were any other college students out there with diabetes?

2. ctwetten

ctwetten Approved members

I'm also a college student and also recently diagnosed. I'm a freshman at Notre Dame and was diagnosed a year and a half ago, just 3 days before the start of my senior year.
    I'm also new to this forum. It's cool to meet another college student. Where do you go? And, my bigest quandry lately, have you found anyone else on your campus with diabetes? I figure there have to be people out there with it but I don't know how to find them and I feel really awkward about it.
    So, welcome to the "teen" forum, which should definetly include college students anyway.

3. scotts

scotts Approved members

I am a junior at Elon University in North Carolina. I actually met a girl on my campus who has diabetes because I was doing a psa for class on diabetes and I interviewed her. The only other way I know of people with diabetes on my campus are through facebook. There is a group of diabetics at Elon. There were only like 5 though I think. Anyways, I really don't have any friends or know anyone that well who has diabetes...this is all still relatively new to me. Do you use the pump?

4. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

Hey, I'm a college student. my freshman year as well. I'm not really newly diagnosed, 4 years into it. But, it's not really long enough to be a "veteran" as some of the others around here are. I'm currently going to a community college and Do NOT know anyother diabetics there, sadly. Oh wells, though, i guess. Anywho, nice to meet you!

Beth

5. punkinhead06

punkinhead06 Approved members

i'm not in college yet, but i will be this fall. i'm a senior in high school and i was dx'd almost 3 years ago.