- advertisement -

New Guy Here

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Atanuero, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Atanuero

Atanuero New Member

Hey, how's it going everyone? Just found this forum via Google, I'm 13, male, and living in Toronto, Canada.

I was diagnosed at 6, 12 days after my birthday actually... been having problems recently with a sugar addiction and an HBA1C of 13.2 and Ketoacidosis...

So is there anyone else at this forum to talk to?

2. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

Hey, There is definitely other people here to talk to! Very supportive, informative, and fun.

Yeah, I totally understand you! It really sucks. My a1c about 5 months ago was 14.5 - a personal "best" (worst) for my primary physician, though I don't know about my endo. Been in DKA twice, and nearly 3 other times. ...yeah... It's not fun. But, as of this month I started on an insulin pump - having decided that I'm done with feeling crapy all the time and wanting good blood sugar control - just plain wanting a *life*. I have a wonderul boyfriend, we plan on getting married sometime in the future - and I want to live my life - a whole long life - with him, so I made the tough decision to actually find a way, the best way, and do *everything* I could to keep my diabetes in good control. And it's been great!

Anywho, Welcome! and there are many many others here to talk to as well! Hope to hear from you again soon!

Merry- day-after-Christmas!

Beth

3. faithe113001

faithe113001 Approved members

Hi, I'm here to talk whenever you want. I've never had an A1c that high, but I've had diabetes for 4 years and I've been on a pump for almost as long. So, although I may not be a vetren, I have some wisdom that may be worth sharing :)

Hope to hear from you soon!

4. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

Hi!

I am a 17 1/2 year old girl. I was diagnosed 3 days before I turned 12. I have lately been having a lot of problems with my numbers also. My last A1C was 11.4 and I thought that was bad. I was just hospitalized for a week. Let me tell you-it was not fun:( . I definately know what you feel like. I am here if you need help:) !
    Good Luck!

5. FeeferGross

FeeferGross Approved members

as my signature says. I cna answer any question after 5 years. Feel free to email me, as I would love to talk with someone wlse who is fighting the smae fight.

6. Diabetic_Girly7

Diabetic_Girly7 Approved members

Hi I'm Jessica

Whats up,
    Im Jessica and i have diabetes too.I am 12 years old and i live in Florida. I have had Diabetes since i was 5 thats 7 YEARS!!! it really sucks i know trust me i have been in the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital many times i lost count. I am on the Animas pump so far it has been working for me!! So thats kool.
    Write me back
    ~*Jessica*~

7. lildreamer

lildreamer Approved members

u can talk 2 me

hello new guy im 13 year od female from Illinois.........u can talk 2 me........i been diabetic since 2003......right after my 11th b-day.......how did u got diabetes:cwds: :D

8. live.love.laugh001

live.love.laugh001 New Member

heyy

hey!
    im from toronto too! iv been diabetic since i was 5 (im now 17) id alwasy love to talk!

9. hot_cheerleader_101

hot_cheerleader_101 Approved members

hey bud! u know this site rockz. im 13 too, a girl ofcorse and i live in colorado. toronto rockz 2! ive been there once, it was beautiful! we went in a HUGE sheraton hotel. email me i luv to talk, jokes r better though :)

10. Future_Star

Future_Star Approved members

From........

Hi! I'm from Singapore. They always say my country its a little red dot! I guess they are right!:cwds: Anyway, I had diabetes since I was 13! Now I'm 16. It was only 3 years. :) :p :rolleyes: