- advertisement -

new Dexcom -- trobuleshooting

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nebby3, Aug 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. nebby3

nebby3 Approved members

Our new Dex finally arrived! Yeah! After 3 months of fighting with insurance it's about time. So I started it up and put in the code for the old transmitter which she is wearing. In other words, both receivers are supposed to be picking up the one transmitter. The new one is in the 2 hr start up but it is showing out of range when the old one, sitting next to it, is not. Any ideas? Just the usual wonkiness? Is there any reason the new one would have less of a range? As far as I know the only difference between the 2 is the share technology.

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Our Share receiver doesn't reach as far as the other ones have. It can no longer sit on my bedside stand and read her from her bed, so it now spends the night on the hallway floor as she's banned it from her room while she's still home.

3. nebby3

nebby3 Approved members

Thanks, MomofSweetOne. I guess with every advance there is a drawback, huh? Like the G5 they are talking about that as a shorter transmitter life. Sigh.