- advertisement -

Never saw this message before on Dexcom

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lisa - Aidan's mom, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

Tested DS after school; running high all day, BG was 266.
    I gave him a 1 1/2 unit correction, then he decides he's going outside and play basketball.

Comes inside and says he feels low. I test his BG, 40! I asked him if Dexcom buzzed, he said no. While he's shoving Halloween candy in his mouth, I check Dexcom, it says 108.

I try to calibrate it and this message comes up "Enter BG in one hour". It's showing two 1/2 full hour glasses and a blood drop and won't allow me to enter a BG reading; in fact there is no number at all. I know I shouldn't have calibrated when he was low, I've just never seen that message before. I guess he was dropping so fast that Dexcom couldn't keep up.

2. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

We get that message anytime we enter a BG that differs from Dex by 50 or more points.

3. Mish

Mish Approved members

Hope it's reading again, but yes, you just confused the crap out of it. He was probably dropping so fast that it just hadn't picked up, and would have in another 15 or so minutes.

Just tuck that away for next time - if he's low, that low, and the dex is that off, give it a few hours before you do anything to it. Chances are, if you had waited 30 min or so, it probably would have caught up.

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Check the user manual, it's there somewhere with additional information.

5. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

It actually came back on by itself in much less than an hour.