advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neurotic Blood Sugar Checking

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MMMMMMM, Sep 23, 2017.

1. MMMMMMM

MMMMMMM Approved members

Maybe, just maybe this could work...
    :)

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

yes in US it will be RX only

3. FLPeaches

FLPeaches New Member

I have a 7y r old that was diagnosed in June. He was adamant about not getting a CGM, he was nervous of the insertion. I’ve tried to let him have control over his diabetes care as much as possible. But I desperately wanted one when he went to school. It took a little bit of begging, bribing (we got him a phone so we could monitor his numbers when he was at school), reasoning (I let him have more freedom from me since I can check him remotely), and agreeing that it would be on a trial basis. If he hated it after a month, we would stop. But only hours after the initial insertion, he agreed it was worth it. We have the Dexcom 5G and love it! His numbers are more variable at school and being able to see that at a glance without finger sticking is great. The health person at the school has mentioned that she doesn’t know why every parent doesn’t use one.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2017