- advertisement -

Nervous...

Discussion in 'Teens' started by emm142, Sep 9, 2009.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

On September 29th I'm giving a talk to local GPs and their practice nurses about the insulin pump. :eek: I was really excited when I was first asked, but now I'm just terrified. Argh. I'm no good at public speaking.

2. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Whoa, cool opportunity! There's no reason to be nervous, you know tons about pumps and diabetes. There is nothing they can ask that you won't know how to answer. I'm sure you'll do great. Let us know how it goes. :)

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

It's wonderful that you're doing this. :cwds:

On public speaking try to fix one person in the audience and speak to them directly for the first few moments. It helps you stay focused and once you're up and running your nerves will fade away. ;) Also, no matter how well you know your subject matter, make sure you have a beginning and know your transition phrases that will get you from point A in the talk to point B and on and on.

Best of luck! I'm sure you will be great and please let us know how it went!

4. Volleyball_Chick_15

Volleyball_Chick_15 Approved members

Girl I know how you feel But you'll do just fine!!

I just recently had to speak at a banquet in front of 200 people, i was the first speaker and i thought my heart was going to beat outta my chest i was soooo nervous but it turned out i did better than any of the other speakers i didnt even mess up once!!

5. Sportster

Sportster Approved members

Wow! How awesome is that!

I really wish MY GP would ask me questions about my pump.