- advertisement -

Needles and non-diabetics!!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lulu, Oct 14, 2008.

1. lulu

lulu Approved members

I am really worried because my mom just gave me my lantice and when she was taking the needle off she poked herself!! I am worried that she got lantice in her, and is going to get a low blood sugar?? She is a non-diabetic, can that happen?? Am I worrying about nothing?! Please Help!!!!!!!!!! Megan
    :confused:

2. Lee

Lee Approved members

You are worrying about nothing - she will be just fine! Her pancreas will regulate her Blood Sugar, even if she got a couple of units - which I am sure she didn't do.

3. etringali

etringali Approved members

I jabbed myself pretty hard after filling a pod once. Aside from my finger hurting like you know what, didn't have any problems. There's so little left on needle I doubt it's a problem at all.

4. CJ's Mom

CJ's Mom Approved members

She'll be fine. I've poked myself several times with CJ's used needles.

5. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

As long as she didn't inject a huge amount she will be fine, especially given that it was Lantus. If a non-diabetic takes insulin they will have a low blood sugar, just like people with diabetes. But it would have to be a significant amount.

6. lilituc

lilituc Approved members

The risk of lows from Lantus is low as long as it is a small amount - usually the body will just adjust for it. This is for long-acting insulin, though.

7. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I would assume she didn't get much, if any injected into her right? As long as she didn't get a huge dose she'll be fine.

Make sure she did treat the injected area with alcohol though.