- advertisement -

Needles and non-diabetics!!!!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by lulu, Oct 14, 2008.

1. lulu

lulu Approved members

I am really worried because my mom just gave me my lantice and when she was taking the needle off she poked herself!! I am worried that she got lantice in her, and is going to get a low blood sugar?? She is a non-diabetic, can that happen?? Am I worrying about nothing?! Please Help!!!!!!!!!! Megan:confused:

2. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

My mum's done that before. She's not diabetic either, and she was fine....

3. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

If the lantus was already injected into you, then there would only have been a drop or 2 left. I don't think that will cause any problems.

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Well since it's lantus I wouldn't worry about it. A drop wouldn't do much if it's long-acting. :D

5. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

it's not a big deal, my mom used to have that happen to her when i was on injections:p. if y'all are really worried have her eat 10 carbs or so of candy to make y'all feel better about it;)

6. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

I don't think a tiny bit of Lantus would do much. Even if it did her body would probaly adjust.

7. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

I know you probably already know that your mom was fine...but if it ever happens in the future...she will be fine then too. That is because even if the lantus does lower her bg a little bit...her liver will spill glucose to keep her sugar up.