- advertisement -

Need to see my endo

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by Rayuzaki, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Rayuzaki

Rayuzaki Approved members

i haven't seen my endo in over 3 or 4 months, and i won't be seeing him for a another 1 or 2. I have no idea how my numbers have been overall. I've had a pretty good amount of bg's in range, but I've had my ups and downs too. I had finally been hoping for a good A1C, but now that I forgot to make an appointment earlier, I have no idea how well I've done. I just hope my A1C isn't too high.

2. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Do you check your blood sugar often or feel that the blood sugar average matches very well?

If you really feel that it's important, you could call and ask for your endo to put in an order for bloodwork for an A1c which should let you go in and get blood drawn and then call for the results.

I've never done this for an A1c but I have for other things.

3. peruvianpasohi

peruvianpasohi Approved members

If you really want to know, the home a1c test is available for @ $8-15 at almost any pharmacy, and I doubt if it needs an rx. if itr does, the pharmacy can call/fax your dr for the RX. but the A1c only tell part of the story, anyways, the swings are almost or maybe even more important than the overall average. doesn't your meter give the average anyway? most meters give 1,7,14 and 28 day averages now.

4. actualreality86

actualreality86 Approved members

Another thing you could do. Take your blood sugars for a week, average all of the numbers however many there are and then divide by that number. It will tell you on average how your blood sugars are looking. From there, you can have an "idea" as to where you're running. As one suggested I would call the Endo to see if you can get the lab work done, and then go from there. I hope everything works out.

5. NHL-go-pens

NHL-go-pens Approved members

They make a home a1c test at target. No rx needed