- advertisement -

Need Suggestions... Prom night D bag

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Mikker, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Mikker

Mikker Approved members

J's going to be attending his Junior prom this year. He's thinking that his normal "sports bag" that he uses as his D kit might not fit well into the scene, and his girl is not a "purse" type.

We suggested just using his pockets, but he's not too hot on the idea of "packin" when he's out dancing with his date.

Any clever/creative suggestions?

2. NicksMother

NicksMother Approved members

Yikes.....I hadn't even thought about how DS was going to carry this "stuff" at Prom. Now on top of ordering flowers and getting him fitted for his Tux I have something else to think about.

3. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

Buy his date a really cute large purse:) I am sorry I know this is a serious question but is this his gf? Maybe she wouldn't mind.

4. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

It might work but if you pack stuff into a sock and pin it to the inside of his coat?? I just tucked my pump in the band of my underwear (different clearly because im a girl) gave my bag to my mom and got it from her before the dancing started.

5. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

how about a zippered dayrunner type of thing.

6. blbrocky

blbrocky Approved members

Maybe a spi-belt?

7. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Well, there will be food and drinks there, so what does he need besides a meter and some glucose tabs?

The precision meter is tiny, it would easily fit into the inside pocket of his tux with a roll of tabs.

Can he get a generic carb count from the catering hall ahead of time?

8. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

If the boys are on MDI, you can go to CVS and get a small makeup bag that is clear and smaller than a cell phone. 5 needles, an insulin vial in a cozy and some wipes should fit. That could go one one inside pocket and the meter and tabs could go on the other.

9. Mikker

Mikker Approved members

Good ideas! Never would have thought of a sock :D We can go with a cut down D kit, but he's going to need his meter, insulin (they'll be going out to dinner), syringes, tabs/gel, and cell. We love the Aviva, but it sure ain't small. I almost forgot about the double pouch spi-belt we just ordered (I actually bought it for me after J loved the one Danielle sent him so much. He's been using it raged during track season now). Good idea Becky!

If he reversed it so everything was on the backside... might be doable.

Good point Joy. There will be plenty of food and refreshments so we could probably do without the tabs/gel for one night. Or at least keeping a more comprehensive D kit in the limo. We DO have a one touch ultra mini I guess we could trade out for one night, but we'll have to come up with some strips for it.

I'm still not sure of their "status". She seems like a nice girl, and probably wouldn't mind packing his stuff, except, she's not a "purse" girl at all.

P.S. Sorry about that, Lisa. We didn't think about it at all either until J asked if he still had to take his D kit with him.