- advertisement -

need opinion of you young one

Discussion in 'Teens' started by shirley83006, Jul 24, 2012.

1. shirley83006

shirley83006 Approved members

mydaughter is 13 and has just started with the medtronic revel pump. I would like to know from anyone who uses this pump also, tell me you experiences with it, and what is the best way to wear it to conceal the tubing and sleeping. Lets say it has been alittle difficult for her to always have this pump attached to her. But yet happy she does not have to have multiple shots a day. any advice would be helpfull. Thank you.

2. mocha

mocha Approved members

I don't have the Revel, but wearing a pump while female is a challenge!

I have pj pants with pockets (generally found in the guy's sleep section...because female clothing isn't allowed to have usable pockets). I'd also recommend trying a spi-belt or something similar at night (and the day).

As far as daytime goes, good luck. I put it in my pocket (again, female pants have the smallest pockets ever, so it pops out sometimes) if I have pockets. If I don't have pockets (like if I have a skirt or a dress...or pants that are just stupid and don't have pockets) I'll either shove it in my bra or use a spi-belt (or equivalent).

Some people like clipping their pumps on like pagers. I've personally found that the clips dig into me, so I don't fancy them.

3. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

We clip the pump onto pjs bottoms at night so that it doesn't lose contact with the CGM transmitter. Other than that, my daughter rarely tries to hide the tubing. If anything, I'm the one telling her to tuck it in so that the tubing doesn't get caught on cupboard handles.

Dresses have been a challenge. She usually puts leggings under, but then she has to pull her skirt up. Since she's grown so much recently, we've both sewn dresses for her in which we've added pockets with buttonholes in them for tubing. They allow the pump to be completely accessible, yet hidden.

Other kids have seemed very accepting of the pump. Once in a while she gets tired of the "Why does your cell phone have a cord?" question.:D She really appreciated that her friends noticed the new pump's color immediately.

4. TheLegoRef

TheLegoRef Approved members

5. lizzie

lizzie Approved members

I'm older than your daughter (22) but I totally understand the frustration of wearing a pump all the time. I clip my pump to the back of my pj pants when I'm sleeping. That way I can sleep on either side or my stomach without it getting in my way. The pump packs are uncomfortable for me during the night because they slide up and then twist around. They are perfect for running though!

As for concealing the pump and tubing, wearing it in my back pockets is usually sufficient. Most shirts are longer these days so they cover the little bit of tubing going from the top of your pocket to your pants. They bump people assume is just a phone.

6. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

For the most part, during the day, I keep it in my back pocket and try to keep the tubing tucked under my shirt/skirt. If I don't have pockets I use the clip or wear my SPIbelt.

At night I just let it go, and I've never had any problems with that.

7. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I said yesterday that my daughter doesn't try to hide the tubing, but she does want the infusion sites and CGM transmitter/sentor hidden when in a swimsuit, so she prefers to have swim-skirt style that don't show the bumps on her behind as much.

8. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

my daughter likes a soft pack for sleeping, the spi belt has a hard clip, fine for day use but at night the soft pack works great.

It's a small fanny pack made out of cotton print with velcro fasteners and elastic waist band.