- advertisement -

Need JDRF Walk T-Shirt Design Ideas

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mischloss, Aug 28, 2008.

1. mischloss

mischloss Approved members

This year I am forming our own team. Last year we were with the team that was with my husband's company. Anyway, just want to get some input on what some of you do for designing the team JDRF t-shirts. DS said no way, to put his picture on our chests! :D

So far I have our team name and the blue JDRF shoe in the front, the one that say, I Love a child with type 1 on it. What else goes in the front or back of the shirts? I would like to add our t-shirt website perhaps? Or just more shoes of different colors to the back? Ideas? also, if you can snap a shot of the shirt to show that would be great. I am thinking a neon bright color for the shirt itself, like orange or yellow, so we can find each other in the walking crowd. :rolleyes: Oh and the type is blue in color...to match the shoe.

Thanks all!
    Maria

2. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

I need ideas too...my kid is 13 so it's tough finding an idea he won't be appalled at...and that people will wear again.

3. mischloss

Mine is 13 too. He roles his eyes to everything. : )

4. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

I didn't even think to put Hanna's picture on the shirts, she probably wouldn't have liked it anyway. Hanna is huge panda fan so her shirts have a panda on the front( from microsoft clip art) holding a meter and she picked it to read 104. I made the meter in microsoft paint. Above the picture it says Pandas Against Type 1 Diabetes. On the back will be a list of our sponsers. I got several local business to sponser us to cover the cost of the shirts.

5. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

Awesome idea...how did you do that?

6. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

I have never done anything big on the back - just a little JDRF logo on the top back near the neck.

I'm having the most difficult time deciding whether to do a t-shirt this year. It's so much work for me because I do it myself to save money. It is difficult to not have it too girly for the men to wear. LOL

I am excited for the first time Dean is able to walk with us this year since school won't have started yet. He told me he's wearing his Jay Cutler jersey. :D

7. mom2Hanna

LOL, How did I do what? Get the sponsers? I just went to places that we frequent and asked. I didn't ask for any set amount and let them give me what they wanted. I got amounts ranging from $50-$150 and the t-shirt printing place gave me a discount to be listed on the shirt. I was amazed at the genrousity.

8. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Here's ours:
    [​IMG]

On the back it says 6000 Steps for Abby because insulin isn't a cure!

9. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

Check out cafepress.com - and search Diabetes. There are some great shirt designs you may be able to get ideas from. I love the shirt that says - "I have Diabetes - My parents know what I can eat!" and "Insulin is NOT a cure, it's life support." I have never ordered from this company because I own my own screenprinting business, but they do have some great designs. Let me know if you need some design help or printing ideas.

10. cowdenclan

cowdenclan Approved members

We are selling ours on Cafepress.com/cowdenclan you can view it to get some ideas...just PLEASE don't steal it. I have a friend who is a graphic designer who did it free of charge for me as long as I shamelessly plug her website!!
    Make sure to check out her website....it's hilarious! (Ya gotta read her extra goodies...her resume & pregnancy flier to her doctors)
    www.edhose.com

Sign in to get her newsletters....they are even funnier!!
    I'm sure she would LOVE to hear your opinions on her shirt design..if you like it please drop her a line telling her.

11. mom2Hanna

Oh, I forgot to mention that any left over money and there will be a lot is going to our walk team.

12. mischloss

So I noticed you went with Long sleeve on the shirt? We are thinking short sleeve and like I said some neon bright color not white. The multi-color shoes across the front look really nice!

I never thought about local sponsors at all or to ask businesses. I am kind of shy about that. And I don't think DS wants to be a walking bulletin board for the local shops. :rolleyes:

More pics are welcome. This is great for us all to share our ideas about design and stuff. I am revving up for the event already. I don't have time to do the YouTube thing but I think I can find the time for the shirt design over Labor Day Weekend.

Thanks!

13. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

This was ours last year.

[​IMG]

14. Nate'sMom

Nate'sMom Approved members

Hi
    Nate designed our shirt. It has an insulin pump that says J.D.R.F. on lower right with tubing going up through our team name (Peppler Pumpers) and an inset on the left shoulder that says "Cure" on it. We are putting the names of all our sponsors on the back. It is pretty simple, but Nate is excited because he designed it himself. Have fun with it!!!

15. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

16. luvmy3kidz

luvmy3kidz New Member

looking for clever ideas, too

we have 2 girls with type 1 (+ my husband...yes, that means we have 3 pumpers) & are looking for something catchy & clever for the 2 girls. any other ideas out there for a catchy phrase?

unfortunately, i was unable to open the other shirts on this thread. i'll keep looking & will accept anything clever you'd like to donate! :D

good luck to everyone on their walks!!!!! we WILL find a cure!!!

17. zell828

zell828 Approved members

I am looking to save money usually myself, so last year we did iron ons. This year my SD decided to go with tie-dye shirts.