- advertisement -

need ideas for teacher gift

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by hmmmcormick, May 13, 2010.

1. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

Help! When school is out this year Morgan will be going to the jr. high, 7th grade, next year. I want to get his spec. ed. teacher a gift (he has been with her for 3 yrs. now), but I do not have the funds to spend a lot of money. I also want to give the aides a little end of year gift, but I want something different and special for the teacher. There are 7 aides in his classroom so you see this gets pricey real fast. There are 6 women and one guy as aides, I can see getting some small candle or such for the ladies, but what about the guy? I've got 3 wks. to get on top of this.

2. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Holly..I dont have any suggestions for gifts ...But, congratulations to Morgan going into Jr. High School!

Michelle

3. Skyefire

Skyefire Approved members

Why not give them 2 gifts in one :) My friend gave her daughters teacher gifts from the make a wish foundation. So not only was it something nice for them, part or all of the proceeds for to Charity!

I am sure that the fact that they are Special Education teachers, they will get the true meaning of the gifts. There are lots of things to choose from and reasonable prices.

http://www.makeawishmarketplace.com/simplemerce/store.jsp?cid=6438&pcid=6438&vid=20071015001

they have mugs in the promo items section for under $4, pens, keychains, car magnets, etc. They also have more personal items :)

4. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

How about some gifts they can use in the classroom? If your school is anything like most schools in the nation, there are not a lot of funds for any 'extras'. I recently gave our special ed/ self contained classroom a box of vhs and dvd's for the kids to watch in their down time. How about a great home made blanket - the fleece kind that you tie the edges. Bring in breakfast for the group. Volunteer for an afternoon to deep clean the classroom, organize papers, sort games etc. Or a wonderful, heartfelt letter. Anything that comes from the heart will be appreciated.

5. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

Not sure if you can bake, but how about some homemade cookies and banana bread?? Put it in a nice basket. A nice heartfelt note goes a long way as well.

6. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Fabulous Idea! Or to one of the foundations you're associated with, they usually all have promo items!

7. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I got a lot of my past teachers teacher-y-ish type bags. One year my mom actually helped me make one, and that teacher STILL carries it around, and that was back from 4th grade! Another idea that I saw today: Someone got a plant and on these small wood sticks (Kind of like dowel rods, just super skinny) they glued on an assortment of crayons, a couple washable markers, a dry erase marker, some pencils, erasers, and empty box of crayons, and some different colored letters (like die-cuts) and numbers. It was pretty cool.

8. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

l almost always gave the teachers gifts of food--homemade breads and jams and jellies. Several told me they looked forward to my gifts because it was something they could take home and enjoy. One year I also made crayon wreaths for the girls' teachers. PM me if you want to know how to do them. Sorry I don't have pics of any of them and I think in all I ended up making about 12-15 of them.

9. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I do this for Abby's teachers and the nurse, always get something from ADA.
    Or how about pictures of each teacher with Morgan (I mean who wouldn't want a pic with such a handsome fella?), get a frame from the craft store (Michaels has them for $1) and have Morgan decorate them?

10. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

11. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

I got a Dunkin Donuts gift card once for $10 (could even do $5) which could pay for a coffee or two. That would work for a guy or anyone! (Starbucks would work, too, if you have it).

12. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

I think the gift box from the ADA is beautiful, thanks for that link.
    Coincidentally, I just got an email from Bath and Body Works, their 4 oz. scented candles are 2 for $10. Not sure Mr. Cooper would like that, might have to find him something different. Thanks for all the ideas, I'm still considering my options.

13. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

My favorite teacher gift is a wind chime...It's pretty original and I buy a nice wooden one so they they can sign and date the top (where no one can see it) ...They can enjoy it for years :D