- advertisement -

Need ideas for something to make for teacher lunch!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by dqmomof3, Mar 23, 2010.

1. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

I am a high school English teacher, and it's my turn to make lunch for the six of us who eat lunch together. It's for tomorrow...any suggestions of something good but not too difficult to make? Recently we've had lasagna, shrimp salad, chicken salad, meat/cheese/veggie tray, corn chowder, and another Italian dish - cavatini, I think.

What can I make? :D

2. lilwitte

lilwitte Approved members

Something that I like that is easy to make is chile chicken mac and cheese.

You make one or two boxes of mac and cheese and dice up 2 chicken breasts per box of mac and cheese you make. Mix the chicken with chile powder and cook in a skillet. When the chicken and mac and cheese is done mix the two together and serve in bowls. Then add salsa, shredded cheese, and sour cream on top of each bowl.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  3. sooz

sooz Approved members

My brain is mush right now but I will pass along one easy recipe that I love. You could make it in the crock pot or make it tonite and warm it up tomorrow. I serve it with white rice which you could make ahead and warm in the microwave.

Chicken Picante

1 15 oz bottle of mild Pace Picante Sauce
    3 T. brown sugar
    1 T. dijon mustard

Mix together and pour over boneless skinless chicken breasts. Bake in the oven or use the crock pot.

The recipe is actually on the back of the Picante sauce label. Everyone loves this dish and it smells heavenly while cooking. :)

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

5. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

How about a big salad? Maybe a Chef Salad or a Cobb Salad, so it has some meat, cheese and eggs to stay with you for awhile. :)

6. allisa

allisa Approved members

soup...can never go wrong with soup & crusty bread on a cold day !

7. PixieStix

PixieStix Approved members