- advertisement -

Need Help with a Gift Idea...

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Noel, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Noel

Noel Approved members

I have a good friend who is getting married. We work together and she was Aidan's 5th grade teacher. She also has Type 1. We have a great bond with her, and have become very good friends, Aidan admires her. I just got an invitation to her Bridal Shower and I really want to get her something special. I cruised through her registries and it is all the typical house stuff. I was just looking for something that was a little different that others might not think of...

Any suggestions?

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

3. sooz

sooz Approved members

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I can understand that. Sometimes you just don't want to buy a toaster oven :rolleyes:

You must know her taste - I'd go for something very personal and sort of indulgent. A hand crafted jewelry box, a beautiful train case for the honeymoon, a special silky robe or night gown ( note I said silky, not Fredricks of Hollywood;)) Something that she wouldn't treat herself to.

Hope you have fun :cwds:

5. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

Maybe I am only suggesting this because I really want one....how about a couple's massage? Not sure though as they can be pricey. Are they going some place special for their honeymoon? Is there a way you can order a special service ie massage or facials that they can get while they are away?

6. luvmyboyz

luvmyboyz Approved members

How about a digital picture frame with an extra sd card. You could scan some fun pictures in for her and plug it in at her shower. I've done this for a friend by copying pictures from Facebook. She loved it! You can even download music to some frames.

7. sooz

sooz Approved members

Fab.com also has beautiful unique products.

8. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I second the massage idea.:)

9. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

I can share one of my favorite gifts. A basket that includes some of the giver's favorite things.

The massage is a great idea and could be part of a gift like this.

If I was giving a gift, some of my favorite things that I might give my friend are below. Depending on your tastes and budget, it can be folksy or not.

Foods, wines, kitchen favorites are the easiest...but it's up to your imagination.

Teavana youthberry tea
    himalayan salt
    Weleda skin food
    Mrs. Meyer's Lavendar room spray
    Wustof kitchen knife
    smart wool socks
    spa certificate

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  10. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

A recipe box or book. Add some of your favorites and you can solicit some from other friends. There are websites where you can enter all the ingredients and get the nutritional info per serving. Since she's type 1 you could add that so she wouldn't have to guess the carbs.

11. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I know these bead braclets are all the rage right now, and i think this is very pretty for a medical ID. Maybe you can put togeather a unique bracklet/anklet for her?

20%off coupon code till 2/21/12 LOVSJ

http://www.stickyj.com/jjc1021.html