- advertisement -

need good thoughts/rant

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by MamaLibby, May 27, 2012.

1. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

I'm getting more than a little overwhelmed right now. Nick is still all over the place in his moods and behaviors and it's exhausting for everyone involved. It looks more and more like we're facing a dx of bipolar, and I'm nervous about what the future holds in terms of medicines, behavior and his success. I'm so scared for him!

At the same time, I'm scared for the rest of us, when he gets aggressive. He hasn't tried to seriously physically hurt us yet, but he gets so rough with Lydia and Caleb if he's arguing with them (hitting, wrestling), and I'm worried about him going after Adam or Linnea, who he could really hurt because he's bigger than them.

I know he's scared during these rages and that he doesn't want to feel out of control.He always gets sad after he's angry, and tells me he's sorry, which makes me feel even worse.

He also had his first depressive episode a few weeks ago while we were all sick, which is just as exhausting and even more heartbreaking. He just cried and cried, told me he was a bad person and was bored and tired all the time. :(

Oh and the icing on the cake is the blood work Ella got done last week...She's anemic again, which could be nothing...but it also makes me scared we're headed into an Evan's relapse :( I don't know...we go back in a week, and then go on vacation and then Ella's birthday.

Thanks for listening...just overwhelmed.

2. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

I'm sorry to hear it's all raining down on you right now. I've got no helpful suggestions, as we are not facing the hurdles that you are, but my thoughts are with you and your family. From what I have read, you are a great mother and are raising a great family, and I'm sure you will find a way to make it all work!

3. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

So sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed right now. That's definitely NO fun, I know. I sent you a PM. :)

Christine

4. sooz

sooz Approved members

It IS overwhelming to have so much worry and responsibility..it is such a helpless feeling not knowing what the future will hold. I know one thng, your little ones are much better in your loving arms than they would be anywhere else. Just for a little while try bundling your worries into a box, and put them on a shelf. You can take them down later, but for now, they can be in the closet. Maybe you could even hand them to a higher power, but in the meantime, set them aside just for now. Hang in there.

5. MamaLibby

I love this idea. Thanks for your support :)

6. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Libby, sorry things are going bad for you right now. I will keep you and your entire family in my prayers. Amongst all this chaos, please remember to take care of yourself. Your kiddos need you.

7. MamaLibby

Thank you. I'm hanging in there, and I'm so blessed to have a wonderful husband who helps carry the weight of life. :) That was just a particularly hard day and we are pulling through.