- advertisement -

Need a low carb meal? Crustless quiche in the crockpot!

Discussion in 'Recipe Exchange' started by nanhsot, Feb 24, 2011.

1. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

This turned out better than I expected. My son really prefers to be low carb, it's his choice and it's easy enough to accomodate, generally. Tried something new tonight and thought I'd share.

10 eggs, beaten
    1 cup milk
    2 cups grated cheddar
    pepper, seasonings to taste (I used regular pepper and then my homemade seasoning salt, plus extra garlic)
    bacon (I used bacon bits cause I have a huge Sam's bag), cooked
    spinach (I used fresh, frozen probably would work too). I"m not huge on recipes...sorry...I probably put in a few huge handfuls?? Spinach really cooks down, so remember that.

Mix all together. Spread a TB of softened butter through crockpot. Pour into crock and cook on low for about 4 hours.

It's good! I'm cooking pepperoni bread with it though, so that'll blow the whole low carb thing!. :p Doesn't that sound awful together? I'm pretty sure my daughter will eat the bread and my son the quiche, so all will work out.

2. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

That sounds good - will definitely give it a try! It is always good to have something low carb on hand for those whacky blood sugar days.

3. mysugababyjo

mysugababyjo Approved members

Sounds delish thanks for sharing its also a good way to hide some veggies (spinich) :)